PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball League

Bob Lentil
03-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Greetings. I thought it would be fun to set up a fantasy baseball league for Auralmoon forum members. Anyone who's interested can click here (http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/register/joinprivateleague) to join. The league ID and password are as follows:

League ID: 216577
Password: goat

At the moment, I've set up a live draft for Wednesday, March 17th at 8:00 PM EST. If this is a bad time for anyone, speak up and I'll try to find a better one. Also, if you can't make the live draft, it will automatically pick players for you anyway, so don't let that deter you. The league is currently capped at 12 teams. If their is more interest I'll add more.

Also, if anyone can come up with a cool prog-related name for the league, post it here and I'll supplant the current one.

Bob Lentil
03-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Good news - I'm guaranteed to win the World Series.

Bad news - I'm the only team in the league.

Rick and Roll
03-08-2004, 10:36 PM
I've posted a thread and had no responses. It sucks, doesn't it?

I happen to love sports (although now it's the police blotter, even in high schools) and am very up on all sports. There are two reasons, however, I don't play fantasy leagues.

One is I would go full-scale and take up valuable time I need to spend elsewhere. I could though do this, but reason #2 is that I am personally opposed to the theory of fantasy league ball. It rewards objective statistics (and rightly so) and ignores defensive happenings.

That being said, if anyone else wants to I'll try. Let's see what happens by the end of the week.

Wouldn't it be fun to have Keith in the league? Maybe I'll select a fantasy cricket league!

Hopefully the Yankees will keep dropping like flies :D

KeithieW
03-09-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Rick and Roll

Wouldn't it be fun to have Keith in the league? Maybe I'll select a fantasy cricket league!

It would help if I understood Baseball.

Hey! Come to think of it I do play "Rounders" so I'm 99% of the way there :D :D :D

C'mon you Nippon Ham fighters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick and Roll
03-09-2004, 06:49 AM
1) The players are on performance-enhancing drugs.
2) Most players would sell their kids before losing.
3) The players union is the anti-christ.
4) The owners are making money hand over fist but say they are not.
5) It costs about the same as a college education to go to a game.
6) The fans are secondary and not needed.
7) Too much attention is placed on the Yankees and the Cubs.
8) A batter must scratch at least 5 times per at bat.
9) Arguing every call is in the rules, and watching a snail fornicate is quicker and more exciting than most plays.
10) Fundementals, team play, and moving runners over went out with the dinosaurs.

That should clear it up!

KeithieW
03-09-2004, 07:51 AM
It IS Rounders!!!!

jnighting
03-14-2004, 07:21 PM
Do we get to start an all steroid team???? I am in two leagues already but would always consider an AM All Stars League.....