PDA

View Full Version : JazzRaptor's AM Debut

Roger -Dot- Lee
05-24-2004, 09:41 PM
Greetings one and all.

Since I haven't heard anything negative-wise regarding the showcasing of JazzRaptor's single, Heavan On Earth, I'm going to go ahead and schedule a previewing of it for this Thursday, May 27th, at as close to Noon Eastern Daylight Time as I can (that's 9AM Pacific time, 5PM London, 6PM in most of the rest of Europe, and I think 1 pm in Rio and BSAS, Argentina, though don't quote me on that. Verify your times).

Mark your calendars, folks, and hold off on your long song requests. I think you will NOT be disappointed. I've heard this chart a few times and think it has some very serious promise.

Roger -Dot- Lee

Rick and Roll
05-25-2004, 09:06 AM
although I won't be able to hear, and I am really the only authority that matters :p , that's a neat idea. Hope you get some valuable (good and bad) feedback, Jack.

Good idea guys, and good luck Jack!

Roger -Dot- Lee
05-25-2004, 06:32 PM
OK, maybe not so official.

It's on. Thursday at Noon, Eastern time.

Be there or be an Oblong Parallellogram with hyperbolic exstensions and a side of Spam (the meat substitute)

Roger -Dot- Lee, taking geekdom to new depths.

teermin8r
05-25-2004, 09:06 PM
Hope there's a replay as I will be a long way from home at 11 am Thursday.

Yesspaz
05-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Ok, I'm confused. How is the JazzRaptor's debut? His cd's been on the Moon for like, 4 months. I know I missed something, so what was it?:confused:

Roger -Dot- Lee
05-25-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Yesspaz
Ok, I'm confused. How is the JazzRaptor's debut? His cd's been on the Moon for like, 4 months. I know I missed something, so what was it?:confused:

He's got a new release out. Maybe it's not HIS debut, but it's the debut of this particular song, and a taste of things to come...

As for a replay, I'll do what I can...

jazzraptor
05-27-2004, 05:05 PM
I just saw this thread! I presume all went well? Thanks very much Moon!

Yeah, you're right 'spaz. The thread should be "new jazzraptor song PREVIEW".

Roger -Dot- Lee
05-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by jazzraptor
I just saw this thread! I presume all went well? Thanks very much Moon!

Yeah, you're right 'spaz. The thread should be "new jazzraptor song PREVIEW".

Very much my pleasure. I plan to have a second screening (for lack of a better term) sometime in the future. I may just hijack the thursday noon slot to preview some underplayed or new stuff. Just one song, though. I'm in contact with another group that will have a debut here (likely on my show) once they get the final version of the CD into my hot little hands.

Roger

Roger -Dot- Lee
05-31-2004, 02:50 AM
Greetings and salutations, ladies and gentlemen.

I'm wondering, amongst the assembled, who would be interested in a replay of JazzRaptor's latest? I'm thinking that since I played it at Noon EDT last time, I'll do it at a different time.

Is anyone interested in hearing it again? If so, what time and date would be convenient? I'd like to avoid the noon timeframe to give the late risers on the west coast of the States a chance to listen to it after having properly caffeinated themselves (should that be their habit), so 9am wouldn't be a good idea. Perhaps 4 or 5 PM?

Or would there be enough interest from the European Theatre of Operations for an early play? Perhaps 9am EDT?

Or should I just cancel and play it on my show when it comes out?

Let me know, folks...

Roger -Dot- Lee

zvinki
05-31-2004, 09:05 AM
Why can't you play it at both times and on your show?

Roger -Dot- Lee
05-31-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by zvinki
Why can't you play it at both times and on your show?

Well, my show hasn't been settled yet as far as time as well as a technical glitch or two. As for both times, due to my odd sleep schedule (tied very closely with my odd work schedule), I'm usually not AWAKE at both 9am and 4pm EDT.

It's not a bad idea, though. I could probably swing something like that for this friday....

Extended Play
06-01-2004, 03:36 PM
If y'all want, I can work it into an EP show sometime soon. This coming week will be a replay, but the following week (6/13) is a new show.

I'm kind of embarrassed that I haven't listened to it anyway (guess that's what happens whn I don't frequent the forums). With all the praise so far, it should be a treat.

Tommy

jazzraptor
06-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Hi Tommy:

Of course, that would be great! Take a listen first, to make sure that you want to play it.

regards,

Jack

jazzraptor
08-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Hi all:

I've been travelling off and on for the last couple of months, but I'm back home for awhile.

Here's the mp3 that I mentioned before I left. Take a listen! It's an unmastered rough mix, and it won't be on an album until 2005, but what the hey!

http://www.jazzraptor.com/HeavenOnEarth.mp3

-- Jack

KeithieW
08-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Listening to the new track as I type. Sounds excellent and makes me look forward to 2005 even more than I was before.

Thanks for the chance to listen.