PDA

View Full Version : What you need to do

Avian
09-14-2001, 03:17 PM
If you are hearing too much Yes and Genesis from time to time, it's because I have given the listeners too much freedom.

You are hearing ALL requests. Please note that the requests are AUTOMATED. Once you make a request, and it falls within time guidelines, it is played. Period. No human intervention. To say that the program staff is doing this is silly. We always program obscure stuff and variety of it. I haven't listened to the station much since I was programming it on Wednesday (when there was a LOT of variety - not much Yes or Genesis much of the day). Our library is filled with a diverse arrangement of great prog, the best of any online station, IMHO.

We are working on limiting this via programming - please be patient. In the meantime, you should be pleading with other listeners to not request so much Yes and Genesis. I don't think it happens quite so much as it used to - but from your statements, I guess you're hearing the instances where it is.

Now playing: Vertu. Before that Kaseke, before that Delirium (find THAT anywhere), Marillion...

Avian

StormWatch
09-15-2001, 11:01 AM
Are you honestly saying that someone shouldn't listen to Jerusalem because of recent events? Perhaps they are listening to it BECAUSE of recent events.

That hymn is about hope and equality--making the holy lands in England--a suggestion that every place should be as holy as 'the holy land'.