PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout Crack the Sky and more FZ !?!

Rael
10-01-2001, 07:41 PM
While I joined to get turned on to new (and old) stuff I havn't heard yet, I could suggest a few too. I'm a bit surprised by the minimal Frank Zappa selections. One size fits all, Apostrophe, Overnight Sensation and Zoot Alures would be excellent sources for proggish Frank.
The other band that quickly comes to mind is Crack the Sky. Any and all. Great stuff !
And so since I'm new here I'll sit back and enjoy all the great stuff that's already here... being sure not to request all the stuff I already have on CD.;)

progdirjim
10-02-2001, 12:44 PM
I've got Apostrophe, Zoot Allures and Overnight Sensation, so we'll get some of that up here soon. As far as Crack The Sky, I've been trying to buy Animal Notes and Safety In Numbers on CD for some time now, but no one seems to want to sell it to me. My old audio cassette of it doesn't cut it...

dougm
10-06-2001, 08:16 PM
just like trick of the tail might had been genesis's best album despite losing gabriel, the same could be said for crack the sky's "safety in numbers" despite the loss of palumbo. i loved the title track from that album!

progdirjim
11-27-2001, 01:54 PM
I've gotten "Animal Notes" and "Safety In Numbers", and ripped them, so we'll get them on the station shortly. Still planning on ripping some more Zappa as well.

Rael
12-04-2001, 11:25 AM
I just noticed the CTS is available, Thanks! Now if I could only request from here at work. The stinkin firewall thinks the requests are a game have me blocked !!! :mad:

Avian
12-04-2001, 01:00 PM
That's odd, since it's another computer that contacts the station to make the request - not your computer. You're just running a php script on a particular host.

Avian

Rael
12-04-2001, 02:15 PM
Well, now, yes this is strange. I thought I try again from here at work to tell you exactly what the error message said and miraculously, it worked. Before I was directed to a "Websense" webpage that said it was blocking me from "games". No biggie, all well that ends well....:)