PDA

View Full Version : I can walk normally again........

KeithieW
08-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Some great news has just reached Chez Waye!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our very own Dotty man has secured himself a new job........yow.lee!!!!!

Those of us who form part of Faffers Inc. know the crap that Roger has endured for ages now and I wanted to write and wish him the best of luck in his new job. I know the rest od you will want to join me in that.

You deserve it Dotty one. Have a gallon of Ribena on me.

****KeithieW tries to uncross all the body part that have been twisted for months - Rick mentions that there is NO WAY that KeithieW could be anything BUT twisted.****

Roger -Dot- Lee
08-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Thanks, Keithie.

The short of it (like I ever write anything short) is that, after spending the last six months rotting and pretending to work for HP while they pretended to pay me, I secured employment with a major cellular phone company. This position, while not the highest paying in greater Atlanta, will give me exposure and opportunity to learn metric administratorloads of cool and interesting things (software applications, RAID array configurations, SAN configurations, middleware configurations...and that's just scratching the surface).

It's a win win all around.

(except for HP, but then, that's not MY problem).

Roger -Dot- Lee, happier'n a pig in slop

Yesspaz
08-23-2004, 06:16 PM
Are you gonna pee on the boss' desk? Leave a carton of milk in a cabinet? Open a can of tuna and leave it in the air vent? Moon everyone as you walk out for the last time? Keep us updated?

Roger -Dot- Lee
08-23-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Yesspaz
Are you gonna pee on the boss' desk? Leave a carton of milk in a cabinet? Open a can of tuna and leave it in the air vent? Moon everyone as you walk out for the last time? Keep us updated?

Well, interesting ideas all, but with all the layoffs they've been having lately, there's a few problems:

Can't pee on the boss' desk, since he works in a different building.
Carton of milk? Been done.
Tuna? Close. Salmon, and it's already been done (but not in an air vent).
Moon everyone? I'm the only one in the building at that hour besides security and my relief. Nobody to moon.

although I *AM* giving an exit interview. That will prove interesting, I can assure you.

Roger -Dot- Lee, saving up my cutting remarks.

Yesspaz
08-23-2004, 06:56 PM
You mean "rip them a new exit window? :D

Roger -Dot- Lee
08-23-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Yesspaz
You mean "rip them a new exit window? :D

Oh, I fully plan to be professional about it.

I won't laugh in their face. Not even once.

Well, at least I'll TRY not to laugh in their faces...

roger
08-23-2004, 09:23 PM
congratulations, Roger! :D

Roger -Dot- Lee
08-23-2004, 11:07 PM
Thanks for all your well wishes and kind thoughts.This will make it considerably easier to justify trips to PHL for the Marillion gig (on top of the VMS chatter that's likely to commence upon my arrival and continue well after I'm gone.

And we're also pondering a trip over the Great Undrinkable. Keithie: I'm hoping I could borrow or purchase your services as Tour Guide Estraordinaire. We shall seem Perhaps a trans-continental proto-faff would be in order!

Roger -Dot- Lee, making life miserable for the few so that the one can actually pay his bills.

KeithieW
08-24-2004, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Roger Lee
And we're also pondering a trip over the Great Undrinkable. Keithie: I'm hoping I could borrow or purchase your services as Tour Guide Estraordinaire. We shall seem Perhaps a trans-continental proto-faff would be in order!

You betcha.............let me know the dates my friend and we're doin' it!!!!!!!

Wojtek
08-24-2004, 03:41 AM
Congrats Roger!!!!!!! And... good luck! :D :D

Roger -Dot- Lee
08-24-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Wojtek
Congrats Roger!!!!!!! And... good luck! :D :D

Again, thanks.

Latest update: my boss attempted to engage me in a "I'm terribly disappointed" whinefest. I am having no part of it. If you wanted me to stick around, you should have PAID me like you wanted me to stick around.

Company loyalty is all well and good, but that's a two way street. And anyone who is more loyal to their company than they are to their wallet is a fool at best.

Roger -Dot- Lee, deluded into thinking he's nobody's fool.