PDA

View Full Version : The Moody Blues at the RAH 5th October 2004

KeithieW
10-05-2004, 06:04 PM
These guys just get better and better!!

I've listened to and loved the Moodies from the age of 11 (1967) and I reckon that tonights gig was one of the best ever.

No Ray Thomas on flute and vocals this time so we didn't get to hear "Legend of Mind" or "For my Lady" but what the heck! We got Voices in the Sky instead and your humble reviewer floated up to the roof and looked down upon the blissed out rank and file in the audience. What a moment when the girl flautist played the notes, Justin stepped up to the mic and sang "Blue bird flying high, tell me what you see". Fantastic!!!!

Other songs in the set included. "Tuesday afternoon", "Higher and Higher", "I know you're out there somewhere", "The other side of life", "Isn't life strange", "I'm just a singer (in a rock and roll band) and, of course "Nights in white satin" and "Question".

I hope they continue to tour as a Moodies gig is an experience never to be forgotten. People hugging, dancing, holding hands and just liking the company around them. I swear there were people ther with their grand children and I couldn't hear a bad word said as we all left the hall smiling broad smiles.

Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

progdirjim
10-05-2004, 06:19 PM
How is Justin's voice holding up?

KeithieW
10-05-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by progdirjim
How is Justin's voice holding up?
I couldn't believe how he still hits those notes.

His voice brings an exquisite feel to the songs that he sings. John Lodge has a harder sound to him but perfect for the songs he sings.

I think you can tell if Justin is in good form if he hits the notes in "Question"'s slow middle section: "I'm looking for someone to change my life, I'm looking for a miracle in my life........" and he did, spot on.

progdirjim
10-06-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Keith Waye
I couldn't believe how he still hits those notes.

His voice brings an exquisite feel to the songs that he sings. John Lodge has a harder sound to him but perfect for the songs he sings.

I think you can tell if Justin is in good form if he hits the notes in "Question"'s slow middle section: "I'm looking for someone to change my life, I'm looking for a miracle in my life........" and he did, spot on.

Glad to hear it! Last time I saw the Moodies was in the late 80's, and it was exactly in Question where he was straining a bit - not bad, but clearly not in the form when I'd seen them prior. I thought age was taking it's toll - but apparently he just had an off night. Still was very enjoyable, though.

podakayne
10-09-2004, 06:43 PM
moodies are a favorite of mine as well...glad to hear they are still in great listenin/singing form!
:p