PDA

View Full Version : Issue Year mistake

mailotron
06-18-2005, 05:39 PM
First Saga LP issued in 1978 not in 1987, see the 'How Long?' track datas

sharcnorris
06-18-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm always suprised when I see The CD version as the issue Date,I see it all the Time!!

Rick and Roll
06-19-2005, 10:44 AM
This CD came from me, I think. It indeed show the reissue year.

I'm just glad it's out on CD...we all know what year it is anyway.

Yes.. 1978.....where was I?

Yesspaz
06-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by sharcnorris
I'm always suprised when I see The CD version as the issue Date,I see it all the Time!! Ok, cool. There are thousands of albums on AM, and none of us has the issue year memorized on each of them. Whenever you see an incorrect year on one, please post it in the "Corrections to Library" thread, or whatever it's called.

Roger.Lee, I think this is happening because amazon.com sorts by the date of the release of that particular version, and if that info is carried over when you do the covers from there, and then applied to the album.... Well, that might be it, but it might not, just an idea.

sharcnorris
06-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Yesspaz
Ok, cool. There are thousands of albums on AM, and none of us has the issue year memorized on each of them. .... I think this is happening because amazon.com sorts by the date of the release of that particular version I'm sorry to give the Impression I meant the Moon, Reading my post back I see what you thought! I fully meant " I see it all the time...ON Amazon, on print reviews, on (gulp) other prog web pages(amatuers), discographys, etc. The Moon is an excellant sourse of details I find usefull daily!What I do find funny is when the year 0 appears for B sides and such :D ............:rolleyes:
I thought my actual thought was that we were looking at a CD reissue date

Yesspaz
06-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by sharcnorris
What I do find funny is when the year 0 appears for B sides and such :D ............:rolleyes:
I thought my actual thought was that we were looking at a CD reissue date OOOOOOOOh. Gotcha. Well, either way, if you see a year 0 for a B-side, or a CD-reissue date instead of the right date, go ahead and let us know in the library inconsistancies thread.