PDA

View Full Version : Yes playing Drama (sort of)

Yesspaz
06-20-2005, 12:46 PM
Alan White has put together a tour featuring his band White, which happens to have Geoff Downes. The Syn with Chris Squire are playing with them. Steve Howe is doing a solo set. And for the finale, all four Yes members will play DRAMA! I don't know who's doing the vocals, maybe Chris, but anyway, it'll be good. Tour dates are here:

The More Drama Tour (http://www.yesworld.com)

Rick and Roll
06-20-2005, 04:27 PM
that's pretty neat. There's a date at the Rams Head in Balt (it sais MI but it's MD). I got my Ram's Head email today and no mention yet....I'll keep it in mind.

Sounds very cool!

Rick and Roll
07-13-2005, 08:12 PM
60 bucks (and I passed on Tull for that price)....

can't miss the opportunity to see Squire play "Fish" tunes, and the Drama pieces should be great!

moses
07-14-2005, 02:36 PM
I just got some tickets for the tour's stop in Pittsburgh...

RogorMortis
08-02-2005, 02:06 AM
The More Drama Tour has been cancelled (not postponed). Below is the press release with details. Fanfire will contact purchasers of the ticket packages directly regarding refunds.

Yes guitarist Steve Howe, bassist Chris Squire, and drummer Alan White have cancelled their scheduled More Drama Tour, which was scheduled to begin August 2 in Seattle, presented by VH1 Classic.
The cancellation was prompted by immigration issues in the wake of heightened security brought on by the recent terrorist attacks in London. The tour will be rescheduled at a later date. All those who purchased advance tickets should contact their local box office or Ticketmaster for refund information.

"We're frustrated as much as the fans are but we understand the importance of the heightened security and hope we can reschedule the tour at some point," said the bassist for Yes and The Syn, Chris Squire.

The tour was to have spotlighted performances by three different bands, including the legendary pre-Yes prog-rock pioneers the Syn, featuring Yes bassist Chris Squire and original vocalist Stephen Nardelli; Yes drummer Alan White's recently formed side project WHITE with keyboardist Geoff Downes, and Steve Howe's solo set. The three principals then planned to perform their own set of Drama-era Yes songs.

Even though the More Drama Tour has been called off, Yes fans will still have a pair of summer releases to look forward to, including the 35th Anniversary: "Songs From Tsongas" DVD on Image Entertainment, which hits retail on August 9. Shot at Tsongas Arena in Boston during Yes' highly acclaimed 35th Anniversary Tour, it showcases the band in high definition and a state-of-the-art 5.1 Surround Sound audio track, featuring the reunited classic line-up of Jon Anderson, Steve Howe, Chris Squire, Rick Wakeman and Alan White. "The Word Is Live", a box set of Yes live concert performances, will be released by Rhino Records on August 23. For more information, see yesworld.com.

---------

YesWorld

Web Site:
http://yesworld.com

Rick and Roll
08-03-2005, 02:46 PM
seriously.

Not so seriously....why do you only bring bad news?:D