PDA

View Full Version : Peter Hammill

ster2112
01-11-2002, 03:39 PM
First of all, great "station"!!
How about Peter Hammill,lead singer of Van Der Graaf Generator's solo stuff? 3 albums in particular,The Silent Corner and the Empty Stage,Chameleon in the Shadow of the Night and In Camera. Also more VDGG, From Godbluff,H to He,Still Life,The Least We Could Do Is Wave To Each Other and World Record albums.
Thaks a million for playing Ozric Tentacles and Rush. And for introducing me to many other bands!! Keep up the excellent work.

Ster2112

Rikki Nadir
01-22-2002, 02:57 PM
Yes, yes, yes! See my earlier suggestion of 3 September 2001 and a later post from Sweeney to the same effect.

Does 3 members constitute enough support for a new artist on the playlist?

More to the point, if I send Avian a copy of "A black box" on CD, will it get onto the playlist then? I wonder?

progdirjim
01-22-2002, 03:16 PM
here's the problem. I don't really care for VDGG all that much. I don't dislike them, and am not opposed to them being on the station, but I just haven't been able to motivate myself to spend money on any of their discs. I even tried listening to some clips from CD Universe to pick out an album or two that I might like enough to buy, but they're just below that threshhold. That being said, I'll keep trying because I know they were influential and "should" be on AM. Maybe I'll find some in one of my jaunts to the 2nd hand CD stores here.

Don't give up...