PDA

View Full Version : Prog from South America?

jsoques
01-18-2002, 07:30 PM
Has anyone heard of Tempano from Venezuela? Really good.
www.tempano.com

Get their CD's from www.musearecords.com

See ya.....

progdirjim
01-19-2002, 02:05 AM
funny you should ask - I just ripped "Childhood's End (Le Fin De Infancia)", so you should see it on the station in the next couple of days!

and two other South American bands are also coming - Kromlech and Acidente - stay tuned.

jsoques
01-24-2002, 11:42 AM
Cool, I'm looking forward for listening in AM. You should also listen to Tempano's first cd Atabal-Yemal, my favorite.

Bye.

Demetrio
01-26-2002, 07:44 PM
I am from Brazil, so let me recommend some other South American bands/albums that I consider excellent:

BACAMARTE - Depois do Fim (Brazil)
QUATERNA REQUIEM - Quasímodo (Brazil)
RECORDANDO O VALE DAS MAÇÃS - As Crianças da Nova Floresta (Brazil)
BLEZQI ZATSAZ - Rise and Fall of Passional Sanity (Brazil)
TEMPUS FUGIT - Dawn After the Storm (Brazil)
O TERÇO - Time Travellers (Brazil)
SEMENTE - Same (Brazil)
DOGMA - Album (Brazil)
AETHER - Visions (Brazil)
ARION - Same (Brazil)
BUBU - Anabelas (Argentina)
PABLO EL ENTERRADOR - s/t (Argentina)
LOS JAIVAS - El Indio, Alturas de Machu Picchu & Obras de Violeta Parra (Chile)

Best prog wishes.

jsoques
01-27-2002, 06:30 AM
Great. I've listened to Tempus Fugit and Los Jaivas. I hope to listen the others here on AM.

Bye.

Demetrio
01-27-2002, 07:45 AM
And I will be pleased to send the Station Manager (Avian?) some comps featuring this stuff, if he wants.

unleasHell
01-28-2002, 10:20 AM
nice to see you over here

did you ever get or listen to True Illusion?

Great jazz-prog from Brazil...

Demetrio
01-28-2002, 11:34 AM
Hey, unleasHell, very glad to see you around here too...

As for your question, I'm still in the market for some True Illusion release here, have it ordered at my local prog vendor and can hardly wait to receive it. Thanks a lot for turning me on to this excellent stuff.

A little off-topic: and the comps I sent you, nothing yet???...

progdirjim
02-05-2002, 11:59 AM
Demetrio wrote:
And I will be pleased to send the Station Manager (Avian?) some comps featuring this stuff, if he wants.

you can send them to the program director (that's me). I'll check them out...

Demetrio
02-05-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by progdirjim
you can send them to the program director (that's me). I'll check them out...
For sure, I'm already working on them. I received a private e-mail from Avian, few days ago, informing the Aural Moon address so that I could send that stuff, so let me know if it's correct:
550 West Central #1123
Wichita, KS 67203 USA

Best prog wishes.

vaize
09-12-2005, 09:39 PM
To improve the excellent suggestions already presented, I suggest the excelent albuns from Os Mutantes, in special their only album in English language, Tecnicolor, that was recorded in Paris, back in 1970, but was relased only in 2000 (thirty years on misterious shadows).

For those who can read portuguese I suggest to read the whole story at the review at the 'Soundchaser Forum' (http://www.soundchaser.com.br/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5162), from Brazil, were you can at least enjoy the pictures...

hiposaurio
09-27-2005, 11:57 PM
hi there, im the keyboard guy from the new band AISLES that como from CHILE, we go out in this year, so we invite you to take a look in our website www.aisles.cl or check a song in the request list...
que la buena musica los acompañe!!! :alien:

roger
09-28-2005, 05:06 AM
nice stuff, hipo! welcome to the Moon! :cool: