PDA

View Full Version : Yesspaz says bye, for now...

Yesspaz
12-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Well Moon People, it's been a long and good four and a half years in Birmingham. I graduate from Beeson Divinity School of Samford University tomorrow with my M.Div. I am in the middle of applying for a Ph.D. in Old Testament at Southern Seminary in Louisville, KY. I'm moving home with my parents for the time being as I study for the GRE and get the applications in. I'll know if I'm accepted or not in probably March. In the meantime I'm looking for an interim position and studying Hebrew and Greek some more, trying to shore up my knowledge to pass the Ph.D. entrance exams. Where I'm going in Mississippi is really rural, and the only internet option available is dial-up. I'm not even going to mess with that, so I'll be without internet access for a few months. Oh, I'll check email and posts and such at the Brandon Library, but I won't be able to be very active. Whenever I get to Louisville (God willing) and get back online I'll have a lot of album covers to catch up on!

Grace and Peace,

Yesspaz.

roger
12-16-2005, 02:25 PM
best of everything to you, Y.

perhaps somehow appropriate that the title of the currently playing song is Judy Goes on a Holiday... though I'm not sure about the lyrics... R)

actually, I'm not sure about this song at all... what's this doing on the moon? :headscrat

Rick and Roll
12-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Spaz I'll tell Brett Favre to look you up when he's in Baltimore on Monday.

What's a GRE?

Hope you get to Loiusville...I have good friends in Dayton and Lexington, so it'd be cool to visit.

Thank you especially for the King's X chats and the chats in general... and the Stavesacre:thumbsup:

Well done!

Yesspaz
12-16-2005, 03:20 PM
What's a GRE?Graduate Readiness Exam, or Graduate Requisite Exam, or something like that. It's an all purpose aptitude test for grad school and doctoral school.

Methem
12-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Take care, man.

-Methem

KeithieW
12-16-2005, 05:32 PM
Good luck, good health and good fun Spaz..................

Take care od yourself, eh?:notworthy xxxxxx

sharcnorris
12-16-2005, 09:06 PM
your already missed spaz, nobody to give me grief . You have hit a HUGE milestone and now on with the next.
Merry Christmas prog Brother, the people down your road are truly blessed

VAXman
12-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Good luck Spaz. Keep hedging your bets on Pascal's Wager. ;)

Wojtek
12-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Good luck Spaz and cu soon!
Fell free to send me your vote based on the list before voting opens. We need it.

podakayne
12-17-2005, 03:59 PM
just a mild hiatus Yspaz...the moonfires will burn brightly for you...and with every Tarentel, Billy M, Godspeed, Applecast, Rovo (and several others) request...i'll be reminded of you.

so until you log on and give us all a shout, we'll see you then.

have a very happy holiday, merry christmas and all that other stuff...

much affection
poda

p.s. i know you'll pass those GRE examines, God bless!

lotus
12-17-2005, 06:47 PM
First of all, Spaz: CONGRATULATION FOR YOUR GRADUATION

I think everybody of us knows, what a great satisfaction it is to graduate (for what ever) after a long time of studies...

To be frank..I will miss our disputes regarding GYBE,Tarentel etc...

Be sure to find a friend here when you return from the middle of nowhere...

I wish you all the success you need and you diserve!

yorksrvc
12-17-2005, 07:26 PM
didn't get to see you much, but enjoyed reading your forum posts. CONGRATS!!! and Best of Luck on your journey. Rob

mossy
12-17-2005, 08:17 PM
See you when you get back, spaz. Congrats on the studies.

m

Roger -Dot- Lee
12-18-2005, 03:05 AM
Inspiration? Lack of sleep? I don't know what it was that possessed my brain to generate this, but I think it's quite appropriate:

Goodbye, You Blasted Enthusiast!

kirk
12-18-2005, 07:36 PM
well...now we'll know who's been requesting all that crap!:haha:

best of luck 'spaz !

kirk/zenpool