PDA

View Full Version : Keith 008 A new story

RogorMortis
12-23-2005, 06:33 PM
It's keithies birthday - 50 years. I thought I'd do what I did last year - write a story with loads of clues in it for eveyone to guess. I've put 53 in this one covering song titles, album titles and band names. Most of them are prog, but there are a couple of obvious exceptions.

The rules are that for evey correct answer - I give 1$ to Keithie
For every correct answer that I myself have overseen - 2$ to Keithie
A wrong answer = I kick Keithie up the ass on the 14th of january

Some of them are difficult some are easy.

Keith 008

It was cloudy now as 008 ran up the stairs towards the office. There was a girl on the stairs, but she turned round towards 008 having caught a glimpse of her long legs.
“Ah Miss Moneypenny – I caught you at the right moment. What’s M up to now bringing me in on a Sunday? He’s one of a kind to do that.”
“007 is missing and M is convinced Mortis is at it again”
They entered the outer office and 008 took his bowler off and threw it at the hall stand.
“The man in the bowler hat – not quite my picture of a crack agent.”
“Experience my dear girl – Remember 007 in Fort Knox?”
“Miss Moneypenny – has 008 arrived yet?” M barked through the intercom, “Yes sir – I’ll send him in” “Right 008 time for your interview” as she winked at him and opened the inner door.

“Sit down 008” M barked still reading a document at his desk, “I supposed Moneypenny told you what’s going on ?”
“Mortis?” “I thought we’d got rid of him last time”
“Well if you didn’t spend so much time at that riverside pub you’d know.Mother Russia has a free hand in this new network we’ve been sniffing at and reports pointed at Mortis. We sent 007 but I’m afraid we need a song for a dead friend”
“Rubbish – 007 was no gentle giant. I’m sure he’s alive outside – Where did you send him?”
“Catatonia – checking out a possible link to the Russian network – mailotron. We don’t know much about this cover – only that’s it academic.”
“Where do we go from here?”
You’d better get over there. I’ll arrange a liaison with the CIA – it’s just as much their territory than ours”
“Just as I thought”

It was raining when 008 hit the streets of Catatonia. They were dark and murky with the poor street lighting. The perfect place for other crimes & misdemeanours but 008 had other ideas. He headed for a seedy looking pub – “The Black Dog” and walked in. The sweaty beery smell struck him as he looked across the room counting numerous figures in the dim lighting. 008 went to the counter and the barman. 008 stared into the dark eyes and beard – “If I could do it all over again, I’d do it all over you” The barman glared back but answered “Girls who grow plump in the night”
“You’d want a dry martini without the martini if I remember Keith?” “Yes Thor, you remember, but I’m only going for the one”
“I met 007 a couple of weeks back. He said something about a woman – The woman with no shadow, I think”
That’s an understatement – he had one in every other scene but it’s the dance with the shadow bit that worries me. I better check out his movements – I might strike lucky seven”.
“Just make sure I get a piece of the …action!” Thor said lifting a drink.

Keith 008 left Thor and the Dog behind him and hailed a taxi for the hotel both agents were billeted at. Keith went up the carpeted steps of the Grand Hotel. In the reception Keith looked around the hotel voyeur and spotted a woman bathed in a leather chair staring at him, a woman with dark eyes and skin with leather clothing. Interesting dark matter Keith thought and decided it was time to hit the bar. He’d just sat down to his martini without martini when the mysterious dark lady came up to him.
“I’ve been waiting for you to turn up”,
“Nice to know I’m missed”
You took your time – I’m Poda, your contact
Your time is gonna come Keith thought in two minds. Why do women always turn up at work.
“How do I know that you are not one of us?
“The end is beautiful”
“As the World”
“Ok now we know who we are – Have you seen 007?”
“No”
“You didn’t? Then who did he meet”
“My impostor – A honeytrap”
“That figures. They would have to build a better mousetrap otherwise”

They agreed on a working plan but Keith wasn’t too sure about Poda and whether she should be trusted. His enquiries had led nowhere and he was beginning to wonder. He decided to follow her.
He covered her going into a shabby building among the dark streets. He waited. After a while she left. Keith stayed and went to the stairway. There on the door was a sign “Mailotron Enterprises Ltd” Aha Keith thought, it’s getting better. Sensible to go in by the back door.
It was hard going taking the side road finding an old caravan in the way. He found the door and via his multifunctional credit card he opened the door. There no lights on the ground floor so he carefully nudged his way towards the stairs.

Then he picked up a smell like a very smelly, grubby little oik, but before he could define it further he was grabbed from behind and had a wire round his neck. Keith immediately back kicked and caught the assailant in the goolies. A groan muffled the air. Keith then threw him over the shoulder landing him with a crash and kicking him with his steel tipped shoes. Another groan. Keith sat on him.
“Well, well, well now who sent ya”
No answer except a groan
Now what can I do to you to make you tell me. I know you can choose between a Tarantel or I put George Bush’s complete speeches on the Ipod
“Vaxman” he whispered among the groans
Who? The taxman. He’s after everyone – you’ll have to do better than that.
“Vaxman” He passed out. Keith went through his pockets and found a ticket for the Bigger Bang tour with “To Jam with love xxx” written on it. He won’t need that now.

Keith checked the rest of the building and found a standard issue watch behind the toilet – Bond was here but not now. He picked up his phone.
“Moneypenney….Keith here…. We have a matching mole situation here. Someone is a naughty boy. 007 is defunct by the looks of things. I’ve got just one thing to do then I’ll disappear for while. Just tell internal will you. Good girl – oh just one thing – run Vaxman through the ok computer”
The answer came quickly – nothing much but a computer nut working high up for Apple.”
Keith knew that by telling Moneypenny the word would be around so now he had to just set a trap but perhaps it was a momentary lapse of reason. But now he had to be careful as he was in a foreign town with a risk of exposure. And he had to deal with Poda.

Keith was sitting outside in London having a quiet drink reading the newspaper. His eyes caught several notices about Microsoft losing tons of money and a notice of the new CEO for Apple whose shares were going through the roof – Vaxman who was in London. “I wonder what the connection is? I know the mole is high up but Vaxman involved, I wonder. No sign of 007 or the connection to Mortis. That was a job that would take time to find out. Right the trap……………………

Wake up, Keith – time to get up. You’re too much of serious dreamers. Pam said shaking. You’ll have to wait to tonight for the next episode. “Shit”.

:dogpile:

Rick and Roll
01-02-2006, 09:33 PM
[I]I just saw this!
Keith 008

He’s one of a kind to do that.” Bruford

“Experience my dear girl Gentle Giant

interview Gentle Giant

inner door Gong?

document REM

riverside uh, riverside

Mother Russia Renaissance or Iron Maiden

free hand Gentle Giant

network Saga

gentle giant. same

“Catatonia – Salem Hill

“Where do we go from here?” White Russian, Marillion

Catatonia - Salem Hill

“The Black Dog” LZ

“If I could do it all over again, I’d do it all over you” but answered “Girls who grow plump in the night” Caravan times 2

going for the one Yes

lucky seven Chris Squire

action The Sweet

dark matter IQ

not one of us Gabriel

“The end is beautiful”
“As the World” Echolyn times 2

he was beginning to wonder Tull Passion Play

caravan same

grubby little oik, ???

Tarantel same

taxman. Beatles

Bigger Bang Stones

matching mole same

momentary lapse of reason. Floyd

exposure Fripp

serious dreamers Flower Kings

:dogpile:

ok anyone else?

Yesspaz
01-03-2006, 03:26 PM
ok anyone else?
you missed Ok Computer - Radiohead.
oh, and uh, Bush.

JamForte
01-11-2006, 07:36 AM
A quick look
two minds out of it at the bar - clutching @ straws - marillion
a better moustrap -- "if you know how to catch a mouse" - golden goose - healing - todd rundgren

RogorMortis
01-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Well not that many replies I see - Rick has had a real go at it and has come up 6 new answers that I haven't thought up so I'll add extra money to Keithie for that. Spaz and Jam are spot on but theres still plenty there - but they are getting harder. I'll post my answer list next week after the birthday party so there's still a chance but KW still stands for some hard kicking.

podakayne
01-12-2006, 09:37 PM
not to be a party pooper...i never do the quizzes rogor (i somehow go dumb as a box of rocks:dunno:) ...just wanted to say i really enjoyed the story and glad there was a mysterious probable villianess :flutter: sporting my name :notworthy .

but here's one rick got, part of it
dark matter — Porcupine Tree

RogorMortis
02-07-2006, 11:40 AM
It was cloudy now as 008 ran up the stairs towards the office. There was a girl on the stairs , but she turned round towards 008 having caught a glimpse of her long legs.
“Ah Miss Moneypenny – I caught you at the right moment. What’s M up to now bringing me in on a Sunday? He’s one of a kind to do that.”
“007 is missing and M is convinced Mortis is at it again”
They entered the outer office and 008 took his bowler off and threw it at the hall stand.
“The man in the bowler hat – not quite my picture of a crack agent.”
“Experience my dear girl – Remember 007 in Fort Knox?”
“Miss Moneypenny – has 008 arrived yet?” M barked through the intercom, “Yes sir – I’ll send him in” “Right 008 time for your interview ” as she winked at him and opened the inner door.

“Sit down 008” M barked still reading a document at his desk, “I supposed Moneypenny told you what’s going on ?”
“Mortis?” “I thought we’d got rid of him last time”
“Well if you didn’t spend so much time at that riverside pub you’d know.Mother Russia has a free hand in this new network we’ve been sniffing at and reports pointed at Mortis. We sent 007 but I’m afraid we need a song for a dead friend ”
“Rubbish – 007 was no gentle giant . I’m sure he’s alive outside – Where did you send him?”
“Catatonia – checking out a possible link to the Russian network – mailotron. We don’t know much about this cover – only that’s it academic.”
“Where do we go from here ?”
You’d better get over there. I’ll arrange a liaison with the CIA – it’s just as much their territory than ours”
“Just as I thought ”

It was raining when 008 hit the streets of Catatonia. They were dark and murky with the poor street lighting. The perfect place for other crimes & misdemeanours but 008 had other ideas. He headed for a seedy looking pub – “The Black Dog ” and walked in. The sweaty beery smell struck him as he looked across the room counting numerous figures in the dim lighting. 008 went to the counter and the barman. 008 stared into the dark eyes and beard – “If I could do it all over again, I’d do it all over you ” The barman glared back but answered “Girls who grow plump in the night ”
“You’d want a dry martini without the martini if I remember Keith?” “Yes Thor, you remember, but I’m only going for the one ”
“I met 007 a couple of weeks back. He said something about a woman – The woman with no shadow , I think”
That’s an understatement – he had one in every other scene but it’s the dance with the shadow bit that worries me. I better check out his movements – I might strike lucky seven ”.
“Just make sure I get a piece of the …action! ” Thor said lifting a drink.

Keith 008 left Thor and the Dog behind him and hailed a taxi for the hotel both agents were billeted at. Keith went up the carpeted steps of the Grand Hotel . In the reception Keith looked around the hotel voyeur and spotted a woman bathed in a leather chair staring at him, a woman with dark eyes and skin with leather clothing. Interesting dark matter Keith thought and decided it was time to hit the bar. He’d just sat down to his martini without martini when the mysterious dark lady came up to him.
“I’ve been waiting for you to turn up”,
“Nice to know I’m missed”
You took your time – I’m Poda, your contact
Your time is gonna come Keith thought in two minds . Why do women always turn up at work.
“How do I know that you are not one of us ?
“The end is beautiful ”
“As the World ”
“Ok now we know who we are – Have you seen 007?”
“No”
“You didn’t? Then who did he meet”
“My impostor – A honeytrap”
“That figures. They would have to build a better mousetrap otherwise”

They agreed on a working plan but Keith wasn’t too sure about Poda and whether she should be trusted. His enquiries had led nowhere and he was beginning to wonder. He decided to follow her.
He covered her going into a shabby building among the dark streets. He waited. After a while she left. Keith stayed and went to the stairway. There on the door was a sign “Mailotron Enterprises Ltd” Aha Keith thought, it’s getting better . Sensible to go in by the back door .
It was hard going taking the side road finding an old caravan in the way. He found the door and via his multifunctional credit card he opened the door. There no lights on the ground floor so he carefully nudged his way towards the stairs.

Then he picked up a smell like a very smelly, grubby little oik , but before he could define it further he was grabbed from behind and had a wire round his neck. Keith immediately back kicked and caught the assailant in the goolies. A groan muffled the air. Keith then threw him over the shoulder landing him with a crash and kicking him with his steel tipped shoes. Another groan. Keith sat on him.
“Well, well, well now who sent ya”
No answer except a groan
Now what can I do to you to make you tell me . I know you can choose between a Tarantel or I put George Bush’s complete speeches on the Ipod
“Vaxman” he whispered among the groans
Who? The taxman . He’s after everyone – you’ll have to do better than that.
“Vaxman” He passed out. Keith went through his pockets and found a ticket for the Bigger Bang tour with “To Jam with love xxx” written on it. He won’t need that now.

Keith checked the rest of the building and found a standard issue watch behind the toilet – Bond was here but not now. He picked up his phone.
“Moneypenney….Keith here…. We have a matching mole situation here. Someone is a naughty boy. 007 is defunct by the looks of things. I’ve got just one thing to do then I’ll disappear for while. Just tell internal will you. Good girl – oh just one thing – run Vaxman through the ok computer ”
The answer came quickly – nothing much but a computer nut working high up for Apple.”
Keith knew that by telling Moneypenny the word would be around so now he had to just set a trap but perhaps it was a momentary lapse of reason . But now he had to be careful as he was in a foreign town with a risk of exposure . And he had to deal with Poda.

Keith was sitting outside in London having a quiet drink reading the newspaper. His eyes caught several notices about Microsoft losing tons of money and a notice of the new CEO for Apple whose shares were going through the roof – Vaxman who was in London. “I wonder what the connection is? I know the mole is high up but Vaxman involved, I wonder. No sign of 007 or the connection to Mortis. That was a job that would take time to find out. Right the trap……………………

Wake up, Keith – time to get up . You’re too much of serious dreamers . Pam said shaking. You’ll have to wait to tonight for the next episode. “Shit”.

Heres the answers:

cloudy now - song - Blackfield
girl on the stairs - Tangerine dream – Dream Mixes Three
having caught a glimpse Glass Hammer – Inconsolable Secret
one of a kind - Bill Bruford one of a kind
The man in the bowler hat – album Stackridge (Tricky that one !!!!!)
“Experience - Gentle Giant - In a Glasshouse
Yes - Band
interview” – album Gentle Giant
riverside – band
Mother Russia - Song Renaissance – Turn of the cards –
free hand Album title Gentle Giant
song for a dead friend - Song Keving Gilbert – Thud
gentle giant – band
alive outside - Album Jadis
Catatonia - Album Salem Hill
network - Song – Tangerihe Dream – Exit
Where do we go from here - Song – John Wetton - Sinister
Just as I thought” - Album David Sancious
other crimes & misdemeanours - Album Galahad
Black Dog - Song Led Zeppelin IV
If I could do it all over again, I’d do it all over you - Album Caravan
Girls who grow plump in the night – album Caravan
I remember - Song – Andy Summers – Synaesthesia
going for the one - Album Yes
The woman with no shadow - Song Flower Kings - Rainmaker
dance with the shadow - Song Riverside – second Life Syndrone
lucky seven” - Songe – Chris Squire – Fish out of water
…action!” - Song Hymadryad – Conservation of Mass
Grand Hotel. -. Album Procul Harum
dark matter - Album – IQ
“I’ve been waiting for you - Song - david bowie – Heathen
two minds - Song Riverside – Out of myself
not one of us - Song Peter Gabriel 3
The end is beautiful – album Echolyn
As the World”” - album Echolyn
build a better mousetrap - Song New Eden Orchesrtra – Anyman
getting better.- Song Beatles
back door – band
caravan – band
a very smelly, grubby little oik - Song caravan – Blind Dog at St Dunstans
Well, well, well - Song John Lennon
tell me - Song Camel – Raindances
Tarantel – band
The taxman - Song The Beatles – Revovler
Bigger Bang - Reference Rolling Stones
matching mole – band
ok computer” - Album Radiohead
momentary lapse of reason - Album Pink Floyd
in a foreign town - Album Peter Hammill
exposure - Alubm Robert Fripp
London - Song Tangerine Dream – Tyger
money - Song Pink Floyd – Dark Side of Moon
get up - Song Nik Kershaw
serious dreamers - Song Flowerkings - Rainmaker

Keithie Got his money - twice and spent it twice. We look forward to the next occassion.