PDA

View Full Version : Vulgar Unicorn

Powerslave
02-06-2002, 10:10 PM
I was wondering if anyone out there knows anything about a British band called Vulgar Unicorn. I know they're distributed by Cyclops Records in England (same label that re-released Citizen Cain's catalog), but I don't know much more. I can't seem to find them on any stations' request lists, so if anyone knows where to listen to them, or has a good idea of what they sound like, let me know.

Thanks!

Demetrio
02-07-2002, 03:31 AM
I have the albums Under the Umbrella and Sleep with the Fishes (the second is my personal favorite). They remind me kind of a mix of Porcupine Tree and Echolyn, a very interesting sound IMO. Unfortunately I don't know where you can find sound samples of the band to download.

unleasHell
02-18-2002, 10:32 AM
hey Dem. I don not have the Umbrella release, how is it better than sleeps with fishes?

also here is a Pineapple Thief website with lots of sound clips, since they are essentially the same band you may be able to find some Vulgar stuff.

http://www.droom.nildram.co.uk/pineapple/

I also think they are just a tiny bit more pop or accessable that Porcupine Tree.

They are def. worth having if you like PT.

Demetrio
03-05-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by unleasHell
hey Dem. I don not have the Umbrella release, how is it better than sleeps with fishes?

IMHO, Sleep with the Fishes is better than Under the Umbrella, anyway it's worth getting if you also enjoy Sleep... too much.

unleasHell
03-07-2002, 11:59 AM
There is a NEW Pineapple Thief release....

have not heard or ordered it yet ....