PDA

View Full Version : Foreigner

Yesspaz
02-17-2002, 01:40 AM
I know this will probably get me yelled at, but consider this more an inquiry than a request.

We all know that Ian McDonald of King Crimson was a member of Foreigner for thier first album. We've all heard Cold as Ice and Feels Like the First Time a thousand times on the radio. There are good keyboards on those songs, but they are not prog. My question is this: what about the rest of the album? Does anyone have it? If so, are there any nuggets hanging out on there? The reason I ask is that about three years ago, I caught Journey on tour and Foreigner was the opening act. They did all the hits, plus one song from the first album called Starrider. It was really good, and definitely prog. I was wondering what anyone who has this album thinks about it's progness, excluding the above mention songs. No way am I talking about any other Foreigner material, so don't get scared that I'm about to request Urgent or Hot-Blooded.

Yesspaz out.

progdirjim
02-17-2002, 03:43 AM
StarRider is by far the most prog thing Foreigner ever did. There are a few other good songs on that first album, but they are not prog.