PDA

View Full Version : Keithie has nervous breakdown at work...well almost.

KeithieW
04-24-2006, 12:01 PM
Will the torture never stop? I was working in the Royal Mews today and just about to start a tour when a fellow Guide shouted "Keithie, there's an american family that want to join your tour, can you hold on?"

"Sure" I said and then it happened. A man his wife and two teenage sons appear. Man and wife seemed OK but the kids!!!!!!

One was wearing a Dream Theater T-shirt and the other was wearing a Kings X T-shirt. I nearly flipped my lid but all was not lost.

Just as they joined the tour, one of the horses took that opportunity to take the biggest dump it is possible for a horse to take. Poetic justice I call it. I started laughing and when I explained why I was laughing the group laughed too. The father said very loudly to his sons "See, I told you that music was Horse Shit".:LOL:

Made my day.

ps. Rick/Spaz you can't morph this thread to a Kings X thread as I did it for you. :yougo

Rick and Roll
04-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Richard, turn down those dead leapords!.....

So did you talk to the father about barry manilow? (8-D

:horsepoop you forgot this icon...

King's X still rocks...:rockband:

VAXman
04-25-2006, 11:51 AM
Will the torture never stop? I was working in the Royal Mews today and just about to start a tour when a fellow Guide shouted "Keithie, there's an american family that want to join your tour, can you hold on?"

"Sure" I said and then it happened. A man his wife and two teenage sons appear. Man and wife seemed OK but the kids!!!!!!

One was wearing a Dream Theater T-shirt and the other was wearing a Kings X T-shirt. I nearly flipped my lid but all was not lost.

Just as they joined the tour, one of the horses took that opportunity to take the biggest dump it is possible for a horse to take. Poetic justice I call it. I started laughing and when I explained why I was laughing the group laughed too. The father said very loudly to his sons "See, I told you that music was Horse Shit".:LOL:

Made my day.

ps. Rick/Spaz you can't morph this thread to a Kings X thread as I did it for you. :yougo

:D Which is exactly why I take my son to prog event with me...

KeithieW
04-25-2006, 06:50 PM
:D Which is exactly why I take my son to prog event with me...
My dear friend VAXman....are you telling me that you allow your son (who I have met, remember) to wear T-shirts like that????? I doubt it. By the way...Pam and I saw the Aussie Pink Floyd the other day and they were BRILLIANT!!!! Just as you said they would be.

We took our teenage niece and nephew along as a treat (for them) and I have a feeling that we have a couple of new prog fans in tow.

They were the ones that thought Uncle K was having a fit to 'Brainstorm' at the party. Maybe I should let them come to the next Nik Turner gig.

Say no more, eh?

VAXman
04-26-2006, 03:59 AM
My dear friend VAXman....are you telling me that you allow your son (who I have met, remember) to wear T-shirts like that?????

No, to sway him away fom noise like that.

FWIW, I do have a DT T-shirt... I wear it because it's tie-dye. It has only a tour list on the back. The only time I really could tolerate DT was when they opened for YES and then, only when LaFrenchCheese was off the stage not squealing.

I doubt it. By the way...Pam and I saw the Aussie Pink Floyd the other day and they were BRILLIANT!!!! Just as you said they would be.

...and how about the set of "lungs" on the babe that did The Great Gig in the Sky? :knowing:

Rick and Roll
04-26-2006, 07:01 AM
[QUOTE=VAXman]No, to sway him away fom noise like that.

FWIW, I do have a DT T-shirt... I wear it because it's tie-dye. It has only a tour list on the back. The only time I really could tolerate DT was when they opened for YES and then, only when LaFrenchCheese was off the stage not squealing.

Surely there's tie-dye's without DT......I think you secretly have pictures of LaBrie....

yorksrvc
04-26-2006, 10:26 AM
Well, I guess I gotta step in a minute. I think DREAM THEATER is a GREAT band, with TONS of talent..........not many drummers on Portnoy's level........well, heck.......that's a wonderful thing about freedom of choice and expression........King's X, on the other hand.........don't really know 'em

Rick and Roll
04-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Well, I guess I gotta step in a minute. I think DREAM THEATER is a GREAT band, with TONS of talent..........not many drummers on Portnoy's level........well, heck.......that's a wonderful thing about freedom of choice and expression........King's X, on the other hand.........don't really know 'em

Let's get together soon and discuss them. I'll lend you a few King's X CD's. You will love them.

Yesspaz
04-30-2006, 12:52 PM
:rawk: Ask those kids about the experience in seven words or less and they'll each say, "Oh no! I'll never be the same!"

zvinki
05-01-2006, 07:50 AM
I'm with you, Yorkmeister, as is my son who is more critical of their talent (he's only impressed with Petrucci). I saw them in concert a couple of months ago and was completely blown away by their raw skill put into a very dynamic format. But they truly shine when LaCrie is safely off the stage.

RogorMortis
05-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Thank God/Mohammed I've no kids

Rick and Roll
05-01-2006, 12:32 PM
LaCrie, LaCheese:rofl:

KeithieW
05-01-2006, 07:51 PM
LaCrie, LaCheese:rofl:
Funny.....I thought it was LaBrie.

D'oh!!!!!! I just got your joke Rickster........very runny and very smelly. The cheese not your joke. ;)

Without LaBrie the band would be SENSATIONAL!!!!!!!! Change singers and I'm there.

Ye Gods I'm sad to be so wound up over something so trivial.:jawdrop: