PDA

View Full Version : Computer Experts please Help!

Yesspaz
02-25-2002, 06:59 PM
I have been scouring the internet for free mp3 downloads, and of course have found tons of stuff to download. Occasionally, however, I run accross something I want to download that is in .wma format. I download it, into a temporary folder (not given a choice), and I can listen to it in WinAmp. As long as I keep WinAmp open, I've got the song. I can listen to it, the listen to AM for an hour, then listen to it again. However, whenever I close WinAmp, it's gone.

Does anyone know how to permently save wma files to hard disk so that they can then be burned to cd?

Thanks for your help, Yesspaz.

Avian
02-26-2002, 07:18 AM
When you click on the link to download the file, right click on it instead. a menu will appear - choose save target to disk, and you'll get a chance to save it where you want.

IF that doesn't work, when a temporary file like that is saved, it's saved to a Tmp directory. Probably c:\temp\ - search your hd for a temp folder. While you still have winamp open, go to that folder, find your file, copy and then paste it somewhere else to keep it for later use.

Avian

Yesspaz
02-26-2002, 10:55 PM
You are a genius.