PDA

View Full Version : Sbb

ion_tichy
07-26-2006, 09:01 PM
SBB is a band from Poland circa 1970 and still going. Checked their web site this evening and noticed that the band is alive and well.

Auralmoon does have some SBB tunes. Would like to see the following if possible

Memento z Banalnym Tryptykiem (Memento with a Banal Tryptych)
Polskie Nagrania Catalog # SX 1966 A

Very melodious fusing jazz, rock, folk.

VAXman
07-27-2006, 04:58 AM
SBB is a band from Poland circa 1970 and still going. Checked their web site this evening and noticed that the band is alive and well.

Auralmoon does have some SBB tunes. Would like to see the following if possible

Memento z Banalnym Tryptykiem (Memento with a Banal Tryptych)
Polskie Nagrania Catalog # SX 1966 A

Very melodious fusing jazz, rock, folk.
More than alive and well... LIVE and well. I saw them perform at Baja Prog this year.

Rick and Roll
07-27-2006, 06:46 AM
More than alive and well... LIVE and well. I saw them perform at Baja Prog this year.

:vaxman: and I'll bet he's got a few pics!

VAXman
07-27-2006, 07:41 AM
:vaxman: and I'll bet he's got a few pics!
More than a few.

I know people here (and elsewhere) have been asking to see our pix from various gigs and fests we've photographed. Rest assured that someday (and I hope soon) they will be published on my web site (probably the new GigsOfPixOfGigs.com site). Life has been extremely hectic for me. Many personal/family issues at the moment. Mix insanity, work, insanity, family, insanity, insufficient time, insanity, health, insanity and insanity and you'll get the picture.

Andyyyy
07-28-2006, 08:10 PM
It's funny, one would think that I should love this band...I have an early LP I brought back from Poland in 1969....yet somehow, I failed to keep up with their newer stuff....maybe I need to...

ion_tichy
07-31-2006, 11:38 PM
It's funny, one would think that I should love this band...I have an early LP I brought back from Poland in 1969....yet somehow, I failed to keep up with their newer stuff....maybe I need to...

Memento with a Banal Tryptych was released in 1980. This album has decent interesting melodies. Their earlier music seems more experimental, avant-garde. Comments ?

Ion