PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Mr Prop Head.......

KeithieW
08-06-2006, 05:20 AM
VAXman is another year younger today.

After the recent past let's hope that you have a GREAT day.

Bless you mate.

lotus
08-06-2006, 05:35 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY VAX

May the VMS be always be with you, keeper of the itanium heart of the Moon...

mailotron
08-06-2006, 06:32 AM
Happy Birthday VAX:vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman:

Rick and Roll
08-06-2006, 07:32 AM
See to it that your Procul "Harem" treats you right! And tell Kris to take it easy on you...

Happy birthday!

Thor
08-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Hey Vax,

Happy Birthday!
Here's to hoping your day is one full glass of Guinness
:vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman:
:vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman:

One glass for every hour of the day...
though if you drink faster you could get
a few more pints in you if you try :haha:

roger
08-06-2006, 09:05 AM
happy birthday, VAX!

macs forever!

:D

Avian
08-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Happy birthday VAX!

In a bedroom in a house on Lake Washington in Seattle, a scruffied hair geeky man just woke up sweating. He turns to his wife, "Honey, I just had a terrible dream. Someone was trying to kill me! Honey?" Suddenly, he notices a long haired man at the end of the bed, standing with his arms crossed. "A dream to some... A nightmare to others!" The man vanishes into thin air. THe man in the bed notices there's something on the wall where the bearded man was. Is it some sort of logo? It looks somehow familiar. He squints, finally putting on his glasses. "No, it can't be! It CAN'T BE! NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

VAXman
08-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Happy birthday VAX!

In a bedroom in a house on Lake Washington in Seattle, a scruffied hair geeky man just woke up sweating. He turns to his wife, "Honey, I just had a terrible dream. Someone was trying to kill me! Honey?" Suddenly, he notices a long haired man at the end of the bed, standing with his arms crossed. "A dream to some... A nightmare to others!" The man vanishes into thin air. THe man in the bed notices there's something on the wall where the bearded man was. Is it some sort of logo? It looks somehow familiar. He squints, finally putting on his glasses. "No, it can't be! It CAN'T BE! NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Strangely enough David Cutler (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_cutler), the progenitor of several OSs during his tenure at d|i|g|i|t|a|l Equipment Corp. (RT-11, RSTS-e, RSX-11 and VMS), went to work for Micro$oft in the late 1980s. There's a book entitled: Inside Windows NT which describes much of the kernel of NT. It looks VERY much like VMS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenVMS) save for the lack of ASTs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asynchronous_System_Trap); the corresponding enitity in NT (called the APC) is handled more like the Ada language concept of Accept/Rendezvous -- meaning the OS is asynchronous if you're looking for asynchronisms. The scheduling is event driven like VMS, the scheduling entity is the thread like VMS, I/O subsystem and drivers are very similar to VMS (save for ASTs), memory management concepts are similar to VMS. DCL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIGITAL_Command_Language) (digital command language) is often times refered to as David Cutler's Language. Here's a link to the DCL dictionary documentation wherein you can see yours truly (http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/82FINAL/9996/9996pro_233.html#brass_103) prominently mentioned by name in example #4.

Seeing as how David Cutler got it right once, I'd doubt he'd have designed the NT innards any differently. The real problem is the garbage that Micro$oft layers atop the kernel. Billzebub also held great disdain for the logical name table scheme in VMS and Micro$oft's Miscreant Idiot Coding Rejects Outputting Specious Often Flawed Technology (notice that spells Micro$oft) devised the brain-damaged "registry" to supplant the logical name table and heirarchical name space.

mossy
08-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Happy Birthday vax.

Do the things you love to do ... :vaxman:, :knowing:, and :bash:

Enjoy the day!

sharcnorris
08-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Back to the Vaxcave for another year, Thx for all your Moonwork and Housing our needs. All our love to you ,M , and the kids, been stressfull I know-make this your week to take a breath-Happy Birthday My Friend, I hope this color text is working for you!

Wojtek
08-06-2006, 05:14 PM
:vaxman: Happy Birthday Vax :vaxman: We need smilie with camera operating to have more complete set of your hobbies. Enjoy your day!

AngelSings4u2
08-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Happy Birthday to you VAXman!!!

:vaxman: :angel:

teermin8r
08-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Well hello VAX. Happy Bday to you. As a matter of fact I'll drink a Guiness to you right now. Hmmmm, that was good. I'll have another...... cheers!!!!!! :D

podakayne
08-06-2006, 09:32 PM
could it be a brighter day?...not possible so a very happy birthday to you VAXman...see to it you over indulge in everything for the next 24 :vaxman: :heart: :bash: :rofl: !

much affection
poda

Elric68
08-07-2006, 03:52 AM
Happy birthday to you VAX, don't forget to have fun and drink a lot of Guinness for me !

RogorMortis
08-07-2006, 04:03 AM
Hope you enjoyed the day Vax even though you're one year nearer to the grave.

Did you have a hangover - the best way to measure a birthday succes ?

Special birthday greeting here from Glasgow this week and special love to M

jnighting
08-07-2006, 05:32 AM
Happy birthday VAX......hope you have a great day and a few pints to go along with the great day. :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman:

Wizzzard
08-07-2006, 06:02 AM
Hi VAX,

sorry, i'm one day late, nevertheless, Happy Birthday to You...:ditto:

Best wishes from Wizz...

museman
08-07-2006, 07:08 AM
Good thing you listen to you such good music cause all the the other stuff as we get older definitly is not as cool.
Happy Birthday .Cheers .and to another year

GORT
08-07-2006, 07:59 AM
a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you VAX,and keep doing that voodoo that you do
:vaxman: :bash:

gilbertopb
08-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Late but not lost

(click to listen)
Happy birthday Mr Vax Man, happy birthday to you (http://www.marilynmonroe.com/community/audio/wav/birthday.wav)

I miss working VM

Bmithra
08-07-2006, 02:51 PM
:vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :vaxman: :knowing:

H A P P Y , H A P P Y , J O Y , J O Y !

Happy Birthday VAXman, even if I am litttle late, I do so hope you had a great day of celebration. May you have many more:salute

Bmithra
:jawdrop: What? He's how old??=8^O

GORT
08-07-2006, 03:30 PM
until they manage to take away our guns B.:jawdrop:

Bmithra
08-07-2006, 04:57 PM
until they manage to take away our guns B.:jawdrop:

Who needs guns Gort. Just some knives, a little stealthy manuevering...(8-D

Andyyyy
08-07-2006, 10:18 PM
A belated happy birthday to Vax from the Left Coast! Hope you had a great one!

ViolinCyndee
08-09-2006, 01:02 AM
Happy Birthday :) :)

progdirjim
08-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Happy belated to the fearless Vaxman, defender of all things Mac and VMS.

(Everytime I look at this thread, I think it says "Happy Birthday Mr Poop Head", and I have to do a double take.)

VAXman
08-12-2006, 02:21 PM
Thank you, all of you, for the birthday cheers and sneers. I loved them as much as all of you. With only 2 years to my 30th birthday and 4 to my 50th, it's still fun to celebrate this yearly milestone.

ViolinCyndee
08-13-2006, 03:48 AM
Happy Birthday! :)

Stolte
08-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Feliz aniversário!!!! Herzlichen Glückwunch zum Geburtstag!!!Feliz cumplaños!!