PDA

View Full Version : Yes at House of Blues DVD

PeterG
11-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Hey all, I bought the Yes at HOB DVD when it came out and did not open it... just put it on the shelf in the collection. Many months later, I open it to watch it and it will not play. I tried in the DVD player and in the computer. The disk in unreadable. The 'data' side of the disk is all cloudy and can't be read.

I went on the internet and found that this DVD has had a very large number of defective discs and that the distribution company has shut down. There seems to be no recourse to get it 'officially' replaced.

I am, now, looking for anyone who has a working disk that I could borrow for a week or two.

Do you have this disc? Have you looked at the disc (media) lately?

Rick and Roll
11-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Hey all, I bought the Yes at HOB DVD when it came out and did not open it... just put it on the shelf in the collection. Many months later, I open it to watch it and it will not play. I tried in the DVD player and in the computer. The disk in unreadable. The 'data' side of the disk is all cloudy and can't be read.

I went on the internet and found that this DVD has had a very large number of defective discs and that the distribution company has shut down. There seems to be no recourse to get it 'officially' replaced.

I am, now, looking for anyone who has a working disk that I could borrow for a week or two.

I'll check around.

I have about 20 unplayed discs..better start listening!

ivan_2068
11-21-2006, 11:56 PM

I had a similar problem, got the disk in a Peruvian store and worked ok for two or three days then only worked 50% but I made a complain and they replaced it (being that it wasn't scratched) but I didn't tool the risk and went for Yes Symphonic I believe.

The owner also told me the first lot was corrupted, he changed it probably because I'm a good customer, but he lost some bucks being that he got a big number of copies.

Iván