PDA

View Full Version : Correction

eloy1964
11-29-2006, 05:00 AM
Hi, I was looking through the Saga listing in the requests database and found a couple of minor errors. Homo sapiens album was not by Saga and the Saga 'Saga' album was their first from 1978. Sorry to be a Saga nerd!!
Thankzzz

Rick and Roll
11-29-2006, 06:59 AM
Hi, I was looking through the Saga listing in the requests database and found a couple of minor errors. Homo sapiens album was not by Saga and the Saga 'Saga' album was their first from 1978. Sorry to be a Saga nerd!!
Thankzzz

OK, This is somewhat confusing but I can explain.....

There is another band called "Saga", I believe from South America. That is their name and that's an album of theirs.

I uploaded the first Saga record in the past year. It was a re-release, so the year of the CD shows up as the release date. You are indeed correct and it is 1978, not 1987. Styx has the same issues with their early CD's. I guess we could go into the songs and change the year. I'm willing to do that if that's ok with Jim.

I saw your profile and it seems we have a few things in common. I am a 42-year old Saga nerd and married father of three (and some would say I am a lecturer). But I'm on the other side of the ocean. If you have time, check out a Saga show I played a while back on "The Rickter Scale" thread....

eloy1964
11-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the reply. It makes sense. Will check out the Rickter scale. Thanks.

Rick and Roll
11-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Saga's debut is now listed as 1978, as it should.... :-V

progdirjim
11-29-2006, 11:42 PM
The "other" Saga is a Portuguese band from the 70's.

Rick and Roll
11-30-2006, 06:48 AM
The "other" Saga is a Portuguese band from the 70's.

doh! thanks, mixed up the continents....:headscrat