PDA

View Full Version : Blind Ego & Sylvan in Oberhausen on May 13th 2007

lotus
05-13-2007, 06:07 PM
The venue too place at Zentrum Altenberg in Oberhausen, an old industrial complex. The Hall has place for aprox 400 ppl, but only 100 attended. Doris and I had the luck to get some bar chairs and we could sit the whole gig..:)

Sylvan opened the event (15 min before scheduled time!!) and played for about 90 min. Although I guess I will never become a big fan of Sylvan, they played excellent. Special mention should be made to the bass player and the vocals. These two are very, very good.

After a short break, Blind Ego entered the stage. Another 90 min of excellent music. The line up of Blind Ego can be read in Rogors news. For me the only week point here was the vocals, Paul Wrightson, as in my opinion he really did not fit in the group. The kind of music was a mix of RPWL, Arena, maybe a little Pallas..rocky, but I liked it.

At the encore of BE the singer of Sylvan and Paul performed together, coming on stage later all Sylvan, thanking the audience and having fun there. (Jon Jowitt handed over his bass to the bass of Sylvan, and he had to play the mini jam)

The gig was the last of that tour, and everybody had a really great time: The bands on stage and we in the audience. (Never saw a drummer having a glass of wine during the performance (Sylvan)).

When one of the two bands come near again, we will certainly go