PDA

View Full Version : Message from the owner

progdirjim
09-04-2007, 12:38 PM
This is directed to everyone.

I joined Aural Moon about 7 years ago because of the music. I've stayed and become increasingly involved because of the community. It is important to me that Aural Moon remain a FRIENDLY, RESPECTFUL, and SUPPORTIVE community.

Vax and I spend a fair amount of money on Aural Moon. User contributions help offset some of the costs, but be assured that he and I are putting money out of our pockets every month. Why? Because we believe in the music and community.

Management of Aural Moon takes a LOT of time by several people - Vax, myself, Davin, and Dot; as well as Rogor and Jam. Most decisions are made jointly by us as a team, but circumstances require each of us to make individual decisions as well. Having met all of my fellow contributors in person, I can assure you none of us has any bad intentions. If something occurs that SEEMS that way, someone does not or did not have all the relevant information. None of us claim to be perfect; we all have made mistakes. And YOU might not have all the information we have when we make a decision. This is not grandiosity, but just the realistic logistics of running a (intentionally money losing) business.

I am asking for people to stop being so <insert expletive adverb> sensitive. The management here runs Aural Moon as a service, that is free for anyone who does not CHOOSE to contribute. If you think we get anything out of it besides personal satisfaction, and the opportunity to meet good people (and most people here, management and listeners, are good people), you're wrong.

If the personal interactions are not rewarding, none of us will continue. That is not a threat, but a fact. I am tired of babysitting and mediating between alleged adults. The choice is yours - play nice or go elsewhere. If the insults, barbs and bickering continue, one day you just may find Aural Moon gone.

This was written solely by me. If you have any problems with anything here, blame only me. And I would be happy to have a RATIONAL discussion with anyone who has a valid point.

JIM

OverHillandDale
09-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Thank you for so eloquently stating this, Jim.

I have had the misfortune to be involved with a few not-for-profit clubs that revolved around a hobby or very particular field of interest (much like ours). Many of them have suffered over time such a fate as described above and I would hate to see such a great one like this follow suit.

It's all about the music folks, the rest doesn't matter. And as much as musicians like to hear how much you like and appreciate them and their music, so do the folks that bring the music to you.

And since this cultural music phenomenon does grow out of the 60's (for the most part - this is not meant to start a discussion on that point) let's adhere to the philosophies at that time - PEACE, LOVE AND HARMONY.*

*there was a lot of talk about free love and sex too, but we probably shouldn't promote that and become one of "those" kind of sites.

MrMagoo
09-04-2007, 04:01 PM
And since this cultural music phenomenon does grow out of the 60's (for the most part - this is not meant to start a discussion on that point) let's adhere to the philosophies at that time - PEACE, LOVE AND HARMONY.*

*there was a lot of talk about free love and sex too, but we probably shouldn't promote that and become one of "those" kind of sites.

Don't forget "tune in and drop out", seems relevant here.

:knowing:

KeithieW
09-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Don't forget "tune in and drop out", seems relevant here.

:knowing:
Timothy Leary's dead.......no no no no, he's outside looking in.

You forgot "Turn on".....LOL! :LOL:

podakayne
09-05-2007, 03:18 PM
well said jim

the shame is that it has to be said...not sure what the bruhaha is about, and not interested; just hope to be a part of the solution and not the problem.

shine on
poda

sharcnorris
09-05-2007, 08:17 PM
well said jim

the shame is that it has to be said...not sure what the bruhaha is about, and not interested; just hope to be a part of the solution and not the problem.

shine on
poda

Ditto Ms. K, I was guilty of Sharcbite years ago but found the Love here has mellowed me, Lets all go to Keithies for Some of the real thing

Thank you Jim for all your efforts..............

kirk
09-09-2007, 01:32 AM
What Marc the Sharc said Jim, Dot, Brian.

I have no clue what everyone's stressing about,
but take a deep breath, remember the big picture.

The honeymoon may be over, but the marriage is
still good, eh guys?

Anything I can do....

Kirk

fritha
09-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Well I also do not know what the problem is, but if there is anything I can do to help i will. I do plan on contributing as soon as my finances allow me to. I do not think this is a problem of people not supporting the Moon, I think it is bitching and fighting amongst the listeners, no need for that bullshit. I am fairly new here and I love this place!! I look forward to 'turning on and tuning in' every day, it is part of my daily routine, a vital part of my day. I was bummed when the thought of the Moon going off the air because of the internet laws changing, that has not happened for now which is a beautiful thing.

Keep it together people and do not take for granted this great and beautiful thing we have here, remember we are supposed to be better than the average music lover, we are PROG start acting like it...... Peace and Love

Dave

Thor
09-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Have I missed something, in my hiatus from the moon??? as Marvin Gaye once asked, "What's going on?", Has someone been complaining about the Moon actually costs money to run, and that music is not free enough, or that those in charge are money hoarding executives... how do you think it gets sent to our ears, alien intervetion? These guys have been spending more to make our daily lives a bit more tolerable than they receive. Lint isn't an option when there is no more jingle in the pocket. So if the management says something, take it in stride in knowing it is said with good intentions.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys do around here... it doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated, at least on my part.

AND... I agree with Poda... it is sad that the subject even had to be mentioned.