PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the new additions?

OverHillandDale
10-26-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm reposting the new additions list because it's a closed forum and can't be responded to. I am doing this to offer a means to get feedback for this new music and long long classics.

-----------------------------------------

Added to the Moon Library 10-25-07

Alan Parsons Project - Ammonia Avenue
Alan Parsons Project - Eve
David Allen - Widescreen (no, not Daevid Allen from Gong)
Bolt - Movement And Detail
Capercaillie - To The Moon
Capercaillie - Beautiful Wasteland
Carmen - Fandangos In Space
Carmen - Dancing On A Cold Wind
Carmen - The Gypsies
Rhys Chatham - Die Donnergoter
Cronico - Delirium Room
Dead Can Dance - Toward The Within
El Retorno De Los Brujos - La Reforma
Fluttr Effect - Marking Time
Gino Foti - Sphere Of Influence
Gino Foti - Orbis Terrarum
Steve Hackett - The Tokyo Tapes
IQ - The Lost Attic
King Crimson - The Nightwatch
Little Atlas - Hollow
Kerry Livgren - One Of Several Possible Musiks
Pat Metheny - Imaginary Day
Moody Blues - The Present
Moody Blues - Simple Game (single B-side)
Rebel Wheel - Diagramma
RPWL - God Has Failed
RPWL - 9
Todd Rundgren - A Wizard, A True Star
Saga - 10,000 Days
Tempano - The Agony And The Ecstasy
Uriah Heep - Demons And Wizards
Uriah Heep - The Magician's Birthday
Roger Waters - Radio K.A.O.S.
Roger Waters - The Wall Live In Berlin
Yes - Open Your Eyes
Yes - Friends And Relatives
Frank Zappa - Make A Jazz Noise Here

counting double disc sets as 2, that's 40 CDs worth of new music. Go get 'em tiger!

KeithieW
10-26-2007, 08:41 AM
This is the first time I've seen anyone post asking for feedback on Cds they've donated. If I've donated any Cds I just look to see if any get requested.

But as you've asked I think that some are really good to see on The Moon APP, RPWL, Hackett and KC for example but there are a few that I wouldn't have thought of requesting - Capercaillie and Carmen. Maybe a few listens will bring me around.

All donations to the Moon are gratefully received. Cheers. :)

PFD
10-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Yeah greeat CDs OHD. I'm especially greatful for the Waters stuff who I feel is much neglected on here.

Ted
10-26-2007, 10:25 AM
OHD,

I was glad to see the Kerry Livgren and Uriah Heep =8^O

Also the APP Eve album...one I had on vinyl and have lost track of...

Thank you!!

Ted :yougo

OverHillandDale
10-26-2007, 11:19 AM
I didn't donate all of these cd's, just some of these. I'm not looking for kudos, I just like to talk about new music (and old).

I appreciate the Alan Parsons donation. I don't know those albums. I'll be requesting them alot to get to know them.

And El Retorno De Los Brujos - La Reforma - Who are they. Sounded interesting last night. Where are they from? Couldn't find any info on them.

spewie
10-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Thank you for the new music, The APP, Roger Waters and Uriah Heep are very exciting additions to the Moon. The Kerry Livgren will be an interesting artist to explore as I have always liked his Kansas and Protocol bands very much, but have never been sure about his solo stuff.

Thanks for the additions, and continuing to make the Moon a place to come and explore new and old music meant for the brain, and not the hips!

mossy
10-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the additions, and continuing to make the Moon a place to come and explore new and old music meant for the brain, and not the hips!

Hips too, spew. Hours spent in a chair plus the munchies :ick: Thank the goddess the brain gets some exercise in the shout box.

VAXman
10-26-2007, 12:15 PM
I'd like to see all of Initiation and Hermit included on the moon. ;)

cplj1885
10-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Dale, I haven't heard of about half of them so I look forward to hearing them as time goes by. As you know I love Uriah Heep. Where can I find El Retorno De Los Brujos - La Reforma? I heard it yesterday and liked it. I would place it on my wish list if I could find it any where.
Keep em coming!

Rick and Roll
10-26-2007, 01:03 PM
most of mine are on the sly as a "staff" person...

good idea Dale to get feedback. I think the other thread is to alert everyone what's new, and responses would muddy it up. This is proven due to the excellent response so far....10 in one day!

The APP is great..I lost track after Pyramid.

The Yes one, wow what a crappy record!:sad:

Little Atlas - I ran into Steve Kasitkas in Cincinnati this week. I've heard this is a fantastic disc...the last one was awesome.

Tempano, new Saga...you are the MAN :-V

VAXman
10-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Oh Goody! More wasted server disk space as everybody quotes the entire list again and again.

The additions list is read-only for a good purpose.

Rick and Roll
10-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Oh Goody! More wasted server disk space as everybody quotes the entire list again and again.

The additions list is read-only for a good purpose.

so noted....I've erased my quote of Dale. I didn't need to quote it, and it seems like I was the only one who did.

But discussion is good..in a separate forum like this. Open your eyes lol still :eek: about that :)

VAXman
10-26-2007, 02:02 PM
so noted....I've erased my quote of Dale. I didn't need to quote it, and it seems like I was the only one who did.

But discussion is good..in a separate forum like this. Open your eyes lol still :eek: about that :)
There's nothing wrong with discussing the new music additions; however, myriad copies of the lists would be taxing of the system's disk space.

I've been at this a long time... back to the early days of Usenet, long before endless September. (BTW, today is 5169-Sept.-1993) It's good netiquette to trim quoted material and only include enough to help the reader understand what you are referring to from a prior post. Also, never top-post!

A: Because it is annoying and not the way people read and communicate.
Q: Why is top-posting bad netiquette?

NorCalKurt
10-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Vax, point taken. I've deleted my earlier post...

OverHillandDale
10-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Okay, sorry about "The Solution" from "Open your Eyes" What a stinker. D'oh. I will talk with Jim and maybe we'll edit out the crickets, waves and chants after the decent little song that starts it off.

Yesspaz
10-26-2007, 07:08 PM
As a Spaz for Yes, I have to say I'm proud to see Yes' worst album finally get it. I haven't perused the playlist to see if it's all eleven songs, but cool nonetheless. I think OYE has some strong material, and some manure. "No Way We Can Lose" has got to be hands down the worst thing they ever did. Now, off to request "Man in the Moon" or "Open Your Eyes."

Moonoffruits96
10-26-2007, 07:14 PM
keep em coming

podakayne
10-28-2007, 03:32 PM
:ditto: what moon said and thank you...esp for more Dead Can Dance, mo Todd, mo Alan, mo' Yes (ditto the spaz), mo kerry, mo new stuff i've yet to discova, mo'betta, mo'betta, mo' iZ betta

:lurk: ing
poda-inabsentia

VAXman
10-29-2007, 06:39 AM
Okay, sorry about "The Solution" from "Open your Eyes" What a stinker. D'oh. I will talk with Jim and maybe we'll edit out the crickets, waves and chants after the decent little song that starts it off.
Nature movie soundtrack!

carlos77
10-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Quite good ones...those that I never heard and those that I wanted to have here...Listened requests from the Tide IS Turning to SPACE IS THE PLACE :alien: R)

But anyway keep goin' moon...

carlos77
10-29-2007, 01:05 PM

No problem for that OHD I was going to say why Open your Eyes was one of the least favorites for Yes fans...got to do other things and never asked that...but when it was finished saw the shout of the other moonies...seemed they were not delighted with you choice... :dunno: sometimes this things happens ;)

After that song came SPACE IS THE PLACE...never forget that 8-)

jtmckinley
10-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Lots of stuff in there by bands/people I like but some records I haven't heard, very nice! I'm especially happy to see the FZ (have it) and Todd (don't have it) adds. As for the Waters, we really need to get Amused To Death on the Moon, his best solo effort IMHO, guess I should take care of that and donate it if Jim is amenable...

progdirjim
10-30-2007, 12:40 AM
The APP was my add, I wanted to buy some more of his mid period stuff. I also really want to add Gaudi, but it's currently out of print and costing more than 20$ so that'll have to wait. The El Retorno is from the Mexican label Sol Y Deneb - they comped it to me - I'll ask him where it can be bought. It is an EXCELLENT album. Also, Cronico from the same label is pretty darn good as well

Rick and Roll
10-30-2007, 05:34 AM
The APP was my add, I wanted to buy some more of his mid period stuff. I also really want to add Gaudi, but it's currently out of print and costing more than 20$ so that'll have to wait. The El Retorno is from the Mexican label Sol Y Deneb - they comped it to me - I'll ask him where it can be bought. It is an EXCELLENT album. Also, Cronico from the same label is pretty darn good as well

Being busy (as a lot of us are) sometimes I miss bands...almost always your recommendations are right on the money (Karcius was an example). Along with the El Retorno, what others come to mind as bands or records that you really like that should be played? I'll try to work them in for future shows.

Still carving out time for the Boud Deun to add. That and some others should be in your folder this week(end).

gr8sho92
11-03-2007, 05:42 PM
If anyone is in a position to do so, I wouldn't mind seeing some more PFM and BMS added to the library. There have been some excellent titles released recently that I'm sure the listening audience would enjoy.

And yes, I know I can donate. I will certainly contribute when I can.

Cheers.

schupdoggy
11-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Frank Zappa - Make A Jazz Noise Here

Killer CD, thanks for adding it.