PDA

View Full Version : What was the biggest fact occured during all your Proger life !!!

Toccata
11-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Well , I began to listen Prog. Rock since when I was a teenager and now I'm 48 years old.
I remember, my debut album was "Selling England by The Pound" , and I became passionate by Genesis, and obviusly by prog. rock style.
Ever living in a country which the visit of a big band many years ago was very hard to occured. One day I was reading a Newspaper and suddenly in the frontpage "Genesis in Rio in 14/05/77". I couldn't to believe.......
The Show was wonderfull , I was sitting behind Chester Thompson and Phil Collins , one is left-handed, and during the solo of Los Endos, was great ,the drummers turned to opposited sides, reminding a mirror, the sound was bombastic, the stadium was shaking......:rockband:
In the beggining of the same show I saw Patrick Moraz in the Special Chairs and asked him an autograph and he gave me. :notworthy

Sintetista
11-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Well, I always loved camel .

one day 25 years after listening to their music, they came to Mexico and I obviously went to their concert.

I gave them my first album.

I also remember listening two years ago to Premiata just one week after I played the same venue.

C´mon, share your stories

Rulester

tracer
11-06-2007, 05:58 PM
i remember i think whem i was on x seeing dream theater i saw god

jtmckinley
11-06-2007, 06:44 PM
My favorite band growing up was Yes, had all the vinyl and wore it out. One of my best experiences concert-wise was being about 2 feet from Steve Smith at a Vital Information gig at the China Club in Chicago, he literally rocked my world and I could tell he was getting off on my enjoying his drumming so much since we were in such close proximity. VI line-up at that gig was Smith on Drums, Gambale on guitar, Coster on keys and Jeff Andrews on bass (never heard or seen Andrews since but he played great at that gig). Definitely a memorable experience seeing all those excellent players with my belly against the stage edge and them so close wailing away. This was sometime in the mid-80s IIRC.

VAXman
11-06-2007, 07:21 PM
You're joking.

gr8sho92
11-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Well I began to listen Prog. Rock since when I was a teenager and now I'm 48 years old.
I remember my debut album was "Selling England by The Pound" , and I'm turned passioned by Genesis.

So I'm one year behind you. I started with PFM's Live in USA sometime in 1974 purchased in a record store somewhere in Ostia, a coastal town outside of Rome. I have been a fan of theirs ever since and have almost all of their music. Very exciting for me to see they are still putting out great prog music with Dracula and Stati di Immaginazione most recently which makes the music still relevant to me, and not some ancient dinosaur band that I hear referred to in other places.

While I know there are some hardcore proggers here that have stayed with the genre throughout, I was not like that. Within the past few years I've had a rinascimento of sorts and been leaning more and more heavily to this music and was seeking out more of it. And not to sound too cheesy, the discovery of AuralMoon is probably a highwater mark for me in that I can listen to this type music almost any time and anywhere.

Cheers,
Carl

Toccata
11-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Really, sintetista this emotions we can't to forget, right!!

Toccata
11-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Dream Theater you was living , right.

Toccata
11-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Fantástic expérience ,unforgettable!

Toccata
11-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Really friend was a big sensation to live that!
Aural Moon is a highwater mark to everyone who loves Prog. music.
Bye Friend.

Ken
11-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Toccata! Having listened to prodg for many years and at first not aware it was a movement of it's own I had the experence (and only released after the fact how significant it would be) ot see Rush as a bar band, before "2112". A buddy of mine was, and I sure still is, a major fan of Rush so we snuck in the back door of the bar for the show and ended up right in front of the stage.

Aerosol
11-08-2007, 05:56 AM
Seeing Van der Graaf Generator's "reunion" concert in London, Friday May 6th, 2005. Looking down on the band from the boxes above the stage...hearing the first strains of Undercover Man, audience goes wild...

Toccata
11-09-2007, 03:35 AM
Really Aerosol, this things we will never forget!!!:angel:

PeterG
11-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer View Post

Replied by VAX
You're joking.

No really, God gets front row seats to any show he wants... except Ozzy, i think.

progdirjim
11-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer View Post

Replied by VAX
You're joking.

No really, God gets front row seats to any show he wants... except Ozzy, i think.

And since he doesn't want to see Ozzy, all is perfect in the universe...

R)

Rick and Roll
11-10-2007, 08:46 PM
And since he doesn't want to see Ozzy, all is perfect in the universe...

R)

1991 Diary of A Madman tour. The incomparable Randy Rhoads on guiitar about a month before he died....that was the period Ozzy was trumping Sabbath with records right before their releases. What a great backing band he had...even if the keyboard player was in the parking lot.:aua:

"Security" was walking around with buckets of sand for cigarettes, it was in a college venue. Those were the days...

Well at least I got one up on the big fella. And no, Jimmy Buffett doesn't count - I know I saw God there.

Can't see him at a Morrisey show though...:neener:

Toccata
12-22-2007, 01:26 PM
Sorry Ken, but I only today saw your experience in the thread!! Really was nice and unforgetable!
If I had a buddy big Fan like yours, I could to enter into the Genesis band box!
Embrace!:vaxman:
Toc.