PDA

View Full Version : Extra fade out music and silliness.

KeithieW
11-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Listening to Salem Hill's "Sweet Hope Suite" today, I wondered why the track on AM finishes at 27:54 whereas the one on my Cd is 33:54.........

At the end of the Cd there is EXACTLY 5 minutes of silence and then another 1 minute of rather goofy music. Strange boys those Salem Hill bods.

Do any of you know any other bouts of similar silliness on your CDs?

OverHillandDale
11-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Hidden tracks are a mystery to me. Why are they included at all. Why not just put a bloody track marker on the cd and separate it out.

One of the first I found was Stone Temple Pilots - Purple (1994)

Jewel has a great hidden track that's a duet with her mother on one of her cd's (Spirit, I think).

But the worst offender is the crickets, chants and chimes on OPEN YOUR EYES' The Solution.

My solution is to usually break out the audio editor and snip off the offending track or add a track separator to the files and save it as a separate song.

And remember, anything you listen to backwards can't be GOD because that backwards is DOG. :rofl: :LOL:

KeithieW
11-13-2007, 09:57 AM
I often go and get stoned wonder if go and get stoned these subliminal go and get stoned messages have any go and get stoned effect on the adult go and get stoned mind.

Probably go and get stoned not.

I buried Paul.

dinosaur
11-13-2007, 10:21 AM
I have a theory about

dinosaur
11-13-2007, 10:21 AM
long silences

dinosaur
11-13-2007, 10:22 AM
tell ya later

VAXman
11-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Listening to Salem Hill's "Sweet Hope Suite" today, I wondered why the track on AM finishes at 27:54 whereas the one on my Cd is 33:54.........

At the end of the Cd there is EXACTLY 5 minutes of silence and then another 1 minute of rather goofy music. Strange boys those Salem Hill bods.

Do any of you know any other bouts of similar silliness on your CDs?

There's an original idea... not!

Marillion's This Strange Engine has a long period of silence. It tracks in at 30:23 on disk. When I ripped it for AM, it is only 15:41 because I cut out the long period of silence (pushing 15 mins) and removed the tomfoolery and hijinks at its end. I can, if you'd like, put the missing 15 minutes back in. I wonder if these are the same missing minutes in the Nixon tapes! :P

Rick and Roll
11-13-2007, 11:11 AM
I remember at least six occurences of this, Keith, and I find it very stupid.

The last instance was the last song on Jim Gilmour's "Great Escape"...I purposely left it off the show since it was nine min of great music, then 3 min of silence, then a long piano part. I'm not wasting my time editing.

Hidden tracks are different. They're kinda cool. But silence in the middle of tracks (Pure reason revolution is another that comes to mind) is damn annoying!

Tool has like 69 tracks of one second each on "Undertow". :)

About SH's SHS: As much as I like that band, that song is done after 20 minutes for me. It's way overblown, then the slience ices it.

NorCalKurt
11-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Vax worked for Nixon! Dump the dead air. I'm waiting for the rest of Dinosaur's story, but Keithie got me too stoned. Now I hear God.

Rick and Roll
11-13-2007, 11:16 AM
One of the first I found was Stone Temple Pilots - Purple (1994)

That track is a spoof of a lounge act, it sings "The second album"...all in fun only. Encompass (a local band) has a faux Rap track at the end introducing the band. It's also a hoot.

OverHillandDale
11-13-2007, 11:51 AM
You mean Kings X didn't do it at one point? :neener:

Rick and Roll
11-13-2007, 12:09 PM
You mean Kings X didn't do it at one point? :neener:

Not exactly. There are at least four discs that end with maybe a few seconds of laughing etc.

And "Mr. Bulbous" spilts the last track into two to fufill the record company "requirement" of ten songs :rulez: `-( So it's one song really but called "Move Me" part one and 2.

Yesspaz would be able to correct/modify my memory.

Remember, you asked for it. i was perfectly happy leaving Ty, Doug, and Jerry out of this thread :smirk:

MrMagoo
11-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Weird thread timing. Uncle Moe's Space Ranch - A Thousand Days just played; it fades out 1/2 thru, then turns into a silly & badly recorded jam.

KeithieW
11-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Not exactly. There are at least four discs that end with maybe a few seconds of laughing etc.

And "Mr. Bulbous" spilts the last track into two to fufill the record company "requirement" of ten songs :rulez: `-( So it's one song really but called "Move Me" part one and 2.

Yesspaz would be able to correct/modify my memory.

Remember, you asked for it. i was perfectly happy leaving Ty, Doug, and Jerry out of this thread :smirk:
Rick, Rick, Rick.........my dear boy you had the chance to say nothing but couldn't resist the bait that Dale dangled in front of you. LOL!!!!! :rofl:

Love you man...:)

dinosaur
11-14-2007, 07:53 PM
So, my theory on this is

Rick and Roll
11-14-2007, 08:23 PM
So, my theory on this is

Can you believe I just got this? Damn that's funny...(8-D :surrender

dinosaur
11-15-2007, 05:03 PM
KW's right

dinosaur
11-16-2007, 09:34 AM
we should get stoned and

dinosaur
12-07-2007, 09:10 AM
...listen to the Sounds of Silence.

PFD
12-07-2007, 10:28 AM
I have a theory about dinosaurs that is all mine.

Bmithra
12-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Uh.... What?

Bmithra

PFD
12-07-2007, 01:43 PM
What I am about to say next is my theory about dinosaurs, which is all mine.

PFD
12-07-2007, 01:45 PM
OK.

Here is my theory, which is mine.

cough....ahem...cough.

What I am about to say next is my theory about dinosaurs.

Ready?

Dinosaurs are really thin at the end, fat in the middle, and then thin at the other end again.

The End

[apologies to Monty Python]

Rick and Roll
12-07-2007, 02:42 PM
I have a theory about dinosaurs that is all mine.

That's funny!

Actually, the expanation I like comes from Ayreon's "Into The Electric Castle":

"We vanquished the dinosaurs with the careless trajectory of a child's lost meteorite."

Now to work on a theory about Canadiens....:headscrat :-V