PDA

View Full Version : A bit of the Irish!!!

KeithieW
12-14-2002, 12:29 PM
In the early to mid 70s there was an Irish band called FRUUPP. They released 4 albums and a few singles.
Their albums were 1) Future Legends 2) Seven Secrets 3) The Prince of Heaven's Eyes and 4) Modern Masquerades.

They were very extremely good but like so many bands never really made it. Their music, though, was great. My favourite album is The Prince of heavens eyes. It's one of those very Prog things, a concept album based around a folk story by Paul Charles. There are some wonderful guitar solos and the sound is augmented by the Oboe of Stephen Houston.

There is one Compilation album available but I can't remember it's name (I lent it to a friend who disappeared without returning it......Hey ho).

Would love to see some of their stuff out there. Has anyone else ever heard of them? I'm not sure if they ever made it over to the USA.

Merry Christmas.

progdirjim
12-18-2002, 11:09 AM
never heard of them - but I'll see what I can find...

Yesspaz
01-15-2003, 01:07 PM
If you're looking for some Irish prog, request some Iona for the playlist here at AM.

progdirjim
12-29-2003, 12:12 AM
I've got a bid in on e-bay for Prince Of Heaven/Modern Masque - I'm currently high bidder, but there's 8 days left.

If any forum readers outbid me, I'll take my CD collection and go home:mad:

:D

progdirjim
01-17-2004, 01:50 AM
Well, to make a long story short, as I swooped in for the kill on e-bay, their system glitched. E-bay was up and running, but for the last 15 minutes of the bid period, I could not get in and make a bid. I tried 3 different ways of getting to the auction item, and customer service, - no luck. Literally, 1 minute after the auction period was over, I could get into everything. I still think the person competing with me on the bid hacked the system. But here's the good news. The same CD (2 albums worth) that I was willing to pay approx $20 for (the selling price was in pounds sterling), Kinesis is now selling for $13.99. The bad news (for me) is, I've placed the order. But, I hope the hacker asshole who won the auction reads this!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D not including shipping, I saved $7 jerkoff!:D :D :D :D :rolleyes:
(oh, and Keithie, I ordered "No Earthly Connection" too...)

KeithieW
01-17-2004, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by progdirjim
But, I hope the hacker asshole who won the auction reads this!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D not including shipping, I saved $7 jerkoff!:D :D :D :D :rolleyes:
(oh, and Keithie, I ordered "No Earthly Connection" too...)

Wow!!!! What can I say Jim. You ARE a prince.

As for people lurking for bid times to expire on items, I've had that happen to me too. I was bidding for some It Bites DVDs and when it was within 15 mins of the close eBay crashed and I couldn't get back in to my item. The guy that won them put his bid in with about a minute to go. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!! There IS a word for people who do that. Politeness stops me from putting it here but the cockneys would call him a Berk (short for Berkshire Hunt!!!!)

An Abba song springs to mind!!!!

Rick and Roll
01-17-2004, 11:56 AM
$20 for (the selling price was in pounds sterling), Kinesis is now selling for $13.99. I saved $7 [/B][/QUOTE]

That's $6.

Just wanted to get you mad again!

Rick and Roll
01-17-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Keith Waye

An Abba song springs to mind!!!!

fernando?

KeithieW
01-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Rick and Roll

fernando?

Stupid boy!!!!!

progdirjim
01-18-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Rick and Roll
$20 for (the selling price was in pounds sterling), Kinesis is now selling for $13.99. I saved $7

That's $6.

Just wanted to get you mad again!

didn't work, just made me laugh at myself! Now I'm not sure if I hope he/she reads it or not.... No, I'm sure I hope he reads it - I'm stupid, and I still paid less than you!

hahahahahahaha!:D