PDA

View Full Version : Rush on Colbert

cribguy
07-16-2008, 08:23 AM
RUSH will perform live on Comedy Central's The Colbert Report Wednesday, July 16th!! The show airs at 11:30pm et/pt. Please check your local listings for air times. This rare TV appearance is one you don't want to miss!

:rockband:

progzealot
07-16-2008, 09:00 AM
thanks for the heads up !!

jtmckinley
07-16-2008, 07:00 PM
w00t! hope it's on here too, thx for the heads up from me too! :)

secrettouch2me
07-16-2008, 07:28 PM
very cool icon cribguy and thanks for letting us all know what RUSH is up too :)

progzealot
07-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Thanks again for the heads up. It was fun until Colbert came onto the set in the middle of Tom Sawyer for a commercial break and then it was obviously ill planned. Rush didn't stop and when they came back from a long break they were still playing !! Better than nothing I guess. I understand it was tv and not a concert. Oh well...

secrettouch2me
07-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Just a quick note, for all you RUSHfans out there, it's posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuQuwuBpslA

Thank you antipop42 :thumbsup:

Rick and Roll
07-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks again for the heads up. It was fun until Colbert came onto the set in the middle of Tom Sawyer for a commercial break and then it was obviously ill planned. Rush didn't stop and when they came back from a long break they were still playing !! Better than nothing I guess. I understand it was tv and not a concert. Oh well...

I watched it and loved it. People on Prog Ears were saying stuff about them not playing enough, etc, in other words taking it seriously. PZ, the Colbert interruption and talking from a stool is all part of his schtick - everything is planned! Colbert laid a pillow down and went to sleep during Tom Sawyer, it was very funny.

My fav parts were when Colbert came back from a break and he started into what he thought it was his next bit, only to be the lyrics for "By-Tor". Obscure and priceless!

Also Neil was there, a rarity in interviews. His dry humor (esp the e-bay comment) was excellent.

Finally, at the end they had an interview. Colbert asked them their influences (Who, Cream, etc). Then he says "Have you ever played a song so long that by the end of the song you've influenced yourselves"?

The band enjoyed it very much. I took it for what it was, and enjoyed the hell out of it. thanks for the link secret! (actually just noticed - the Bytor and other references are cut from that link, all throughout the show he made rush references!)

NorCalKurt
07-17-2008, 05:00 PM
I saw it too. It was great. Rick you are dead on re.. PE.

jtmckinley
07-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Thanks again for the heads up crib, I caught it last night as well, and got a big laugh out of the whole show as well as enjoying the Rush interview and performance, albeit it being unfortunately truncated by the nature of a TV show. I pretty much agree with Rick regarding my overall perspective on it. However, I really expected Colbert was gonna be lifted up off the stool into the rafters as a transition to Rush playing at the end of his interview when he clipped that cable onto his belt before getting on the stool, oh well, musta just been an insurance issue...

NorCalKurt
07-18-2008, 10:40 AM
A funny note to this.. Colbert started his show the next night waking up as Rush finished their number.

Michael
07-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Just a quick note, for all you RUSHfans out there, it's posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuQuwuBpslA

Thank you antipop42 :thumbsup:

Looks like the copyright police got it.....

cribguy
07-21-2008, 06:15 AM
It's available on the Colbert website. Here: http://www.comedycentral.com/colbertreport/full-episodes/index.jhtml?episodeId=175837