08-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Just heard:

Terpandre
Conte En Vert (Bonus Track)
from Terpandre

Pretty fuzzy and *very* left channel.

progdirjim
09-06-2008, 02:38 PM
try a new speaker cable :grin: - OK, I'll check it out...

marquer
09-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Ah, just found this thread. This morning I requested the song Alien Attack-Supernova from Mirage - A secret place cd. It is a 21 minute tune with the last half being complete silence... Apparently progdirjim has the power to erase that silence, so I am bringing that to your attention, if you read this Jim. Thanks.

marquer
09-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Of course, it is probably not a bad rip at all, it is probably exactly what was recorded on the original album... It was suggested that the silent part could still be eliminated, that something similar had been done before.

Thanks again.

progdirjim
09-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Fixed and re-uploaded, should be good to go now

Rick and Roll
09-23-2008, 08:08 PM
While I'm here.....

The last song on the Edensong "Fruit Fallen" CD is called "The Reunion", and clocks in at 21:43. However, 10:00 to 13:00 is complete silence. I'm not sure why James (Schoen) did that, but if that can be eliminated, excellent (that's why I omitted it on the play on the show).

VAXman
09-24-2008, 05:19 AM
While I'm here.....

The last song on the Edensong "Fruit Fallen" CD is called "The Reunion", and clocks in at 21:43. However, 10:00 to 13:00 is complete silence. I'm not sure why James (Schoen) did that, but if that can be eliminated, excellent (that's why I omitted it on the play on the show).
Artistic license. ;)

There are several tracks like this or that have long periods of silence ending the tracking time. I'd be all for keeping the silence but excise some of it. If there's 3 mins of silence in this particular track, cut it down by a factor of 6 to 10 such that a minute tracking time is 10 secs or less.

There have been times I've tuned in during such a track and wondered if there was a station problem. ;) I've wasted many cycles logging in to the station to find it's just a silent track.