PDA

View Full Version : 10th Anniversary Celebration

progdirjim
02-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Thread to post ideas, suggestions, requests, etc as Aural Moon celebrates its 10th anniversary later this year...

KeithieW
02-13-2009, 02:27 AM
I remember the celebration we had a few years ago when Moonies sent in their own shows. I know I had great fun putting that together and also remember the fact that Jamforte and I were logged in and Faffing for 36 hours straight. It was a wonderful day.

Maybe we could do something similar this time around.

teermin8r
02-13-2009, 06:48 AM
Wow, is it ten years already?

VAXman
02-13-2009, 07:20 AM
Thread to post ideas, suggestions, requests, etc as Aural Moon celebrates its 10th anniversary later this year...
Maybe upload some Alvin Lee and 10 Years After? :neener:

While I find a celebration based on the rollover to the next significant digit in an arbitrarily based number system absurd (call me when we do the 10(16) anniversary :D ), let's try to have some real fun with this. The last big celebration was fun. I hope we can come up with something to top it.

RogorMortis
02-13-2009, 12:44 PM
I did a show under one of the last (rare) brain waves here on AM but it came to nothing - I don't know why as I spent a bit of time doing the damn thing. Vax has the CD I did - burn it. I would do another with more up to date music with some more Mortis madness............I presume a 24 hour faff would be in order as long as it's on a Saturday

mossy
02-13-2009, 01:08 PM
For the Anniversary reinstate the Rogues Gallery (since we now have so many more rogues) and bring back the chatroom!

Of course...I suspect these two requests are probably not do-able, so I don't hold out much hope.

Would be wonderful though.

I have really missed both.

Yesspaz
02-13-2009, 01:28 PM
The Beatles' "Birthday" every hour on the hour.

VAXman
02-13-2009, 02:09 PM
For the Anniversary reinstate the Rogues Gallery (since we now have so many more rogues) and bring back the chatroom!

Of course...I suspect these two requests are probably not do-able, so I don't hold out much hope.

Would be wonderful though.

I have really missed both.
I will look for a suitable image module for a Rogues Gallery. As for chat, it exists. I had disabled it due to it being exploited. There are some updates for this at just need to be applied. Fortunately, the anniversary is months away. Plenty of time to get this all instated.

NorCalKurt
02-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Party at Jim's house.:salute :rockband:

mossy
02-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks Vax. That's GREAT.

I really was bracing myself for your response saying it wasn't possible, so I'm completely chuffed.

OverHillandDale
02-13-2009, 05:43 PM
CD and LP Giveaways!!! (maybe raffle?) :yougo

Kazuhiro
02-13-2009, 07:15 PM
I think that I am very glad because I read this joyous thread.

I will congratulate aural moon by my method. Perhaps, the listener and moonies are to enjoy it in the library. Please wait only a little.

P.S.

To Sintetista
Did you read this thread?
Can your band offer the tune for aural moon?
I thought it to be one of the congratulation.

VAXman
02-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Thanks Vax. That's GREAT.

I really was bracing myself for your response saying it wasn't possible, so I'm completely chuffed.

I've actually installed a Gallery module and I have three photos in it for testing. I'm going to start working on how and where to integrate it into the web site.

People reading this thread should start now to find a photo they'd want in the gallery.

NorCalKurt
02-13-2009, 09:38 PM
I've actually installed a Gallery module and I have three photos in it for testing. I'm going to start working on how and where to integrate it into the web site.

People reading this thread should start now to find a photo they'd want in the gallery. Vax, do you have a good one of me at 3RP, intro TFK, maybe?

progdirjim
02-14-2009, 04:02 AM
Vax, do you have a good one of me at 3RP, intro TFK, maybe?

too easy

a GOOD photo of Kurt?! IMPOSSIBLE! :neener:
:deadhorse

eloy1964
02-14-2009, 04:35 AM
All of the above sounds great to me. I really love the idea of fellow moonies putiing on a show - maybe a time limit may be a good idea. What about a connection game with the music. String a few tracks together and we can try and guess the connection. We need a time and date so we can book the time to be online and organise plus advertise the party.

lotus
02-14-2009, 06:06 AM
I did a show under one of the last (rare) brain waves here on AM but it came to nothing - I don't know why as I spent a bit of time doing the damn thing. Vax has the CD I did - burn it. I would do another with more up to date music with some more Mortis madness............I presume a 24 hour faff would be in order as long as it's on a Saturday

Well, I did the same when the idea came up..
But here a new idea:
A 24 hours show in which every moonie has the possibility to dedicate (with promo) via rcorded voice one or several songs to the moon. Each selected tune has to have it's own dedication.

In this way we will have a real "Moonie" show with many active participants.

RogorMortis
02-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Vax has my latest photo which nearly made him lose his hair as well. He can use that as it's now in my passport.........

Thor
02-14-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm partial to the number 69... it is my astrological sign as well

ProgressivePaul
02-15-2009, 05:42 AM
mass moonie gathering!

VAXman
02-15-2009, 07:39 AM
I'm partial to the number 69... it is my astrological sign as wellMutual simultaneous oral sex is an astrological sign?

lotus
02-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Well, another (very crazy and difficult to make) idea..

What do you think about a 24 hours real live show...I learned from Nadina, who made a live internet show, that it is relativelly (technicalwise) easy to make a live show on the net.

My idea is, that 24 Moonies around the world cover each a 1 hour spot with a real live show, commenting shouts and chat etc.. and dj-ing their music..

Wouldn't that be fine..:)

Michael
02-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Can I say.....

The band is just fantastic,
that is really what I think.
Oh by the way, which one's Pink?

Please......

DamoXt7942
02-18-2009, 01:29 AM
Party at Jim's house.:salute :rockband:

I AGREEEEE! hehe :thumbsup:

Firth
03-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Mutual simultaneous oral sex is an astrological sign?
I thought this site was Aural Moon, not Oral Moon :)

jtmckinley
03-09-2009, 08:25 PM

People reading this thread should start now to find a photo they'd want in the gallery.

You ROCK VAX! Thanks! :)

spewie
03-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Here is a really silly idea, play every song in the Moon catalog A - Z based on the song titles.

It would probably take the next 10 years to do that, thus starting all over again for the 20 year celebration, and so on, so like I said silly idea .... but I wanted to 'spew' it out there anyway.

Happy Anniversary Moon! 8-)

museman
03-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Let the party begin.:rawk:

Yesspaz
03-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Here is a really silly idea, play every song in the Moon catalog A - Z based on the song titles.Ya know, that's not a bad idea. A few clicks of the mouse would tell exactly how long the entire Moon playlist is. Count back from the last minute of the 10th anniversary Day, turn off requests, pile it in the playlist. Interesting.... :-o~

jtmckinley
03-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Ya know, that's not a bad idea. A few clicks of the mouse would tell exactly how long the entire Moon playlist is. Count back from the last minute of the 10th anniversary Day, turn off requests, pile it in the playlist. Interesting.... :-o~

Might be cool for a couple hours a day (week) in an unused timeslot to play all the Moon content ordered by added date progressively (if that's available in the db, if not, for shame SAM!), of course picking that slot is maybe tricky, late night here is early morning somewhere. Interesting idea tho, someone who made sure to listen could say "I've heard everything on the Moon between X & Y dates" after several years hehe.

AAAball
03-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Might be cool for a couple hours a day (week) in an unused timeslot to play all the Moon content ordered by added date progressively (if that's available in the db, if not, for shame SAM!), of course picking that slot is maybe tricky, late night here is early morning somewhere. Interesting idea tho, someone who made sure to listen could say "I've heard everything on the Moon between X & Y dates" after several years hehe. What about the time slot that used to be that guy Rick's show.

VAXman
03-14-2009, 07:58 AM
Might be cool for a couple hours a day (week) in an unused timeslot to play all the Moon content ordered by added date progressively (if that's available in the db, if not, for shame SAM!), of course picking that slot is maybe tricky, late night here is early morning somewhere. Interesting idea tho, someone who made sure to listen could say "I've heard everything on the Moon between X & Y dates" after several years hehe.
Presently, there are close to 38K tracks in the library. Given a conservative 5min per track, we'd have half a year of continuous play!

Avian
03-14-2009, 02:20 PM
I remember for the 5th anniv., a lot of us stayed up for 24 hours chatitng away, partying, and we all DJ'd tunes, and generally went beserk (eventually from lack of sleep). I think whatever we do, it should involve lots incriminating photos, beer, and circus midgets.

kirk
03-14-2009, 03:10 PM
I remember for the 5th anniv., a lot of us stayed up for 24 hours chatitng away, partying, and we all DJ'd tunes, and generally went beserk (eventually from lack of sleep). I think whatever we do, it should involve lots incriminating photos, beer, and circus midgets.

I didn't hang for 24 hours...I just kinda swept in, won some CDs,
boogied down the road...oh yeah. 8-)

Seriously, Davin...congrats on yer baby turning 10.
There were times along they way that I wouldn't have bet on it.

P e a c e

Kirk

kirk
03-14-2009, 03:12 PM

Oh!! Midget Velcro toss!!

K

Yesspaz
03-16-2009, 03:27 PM
I think whatever we do, it should involve lots incriminating photos, beer, and circus midgets. I'm lucky to have none of those three!:smirk:

lotus
05-23-2009, 06:20 PM
We are nearing the date..any conclusions and/or decisions?

VAXman
05-24-2009, 08:42 PM
I will be installing some Gallery software in the coming days. Think now about sending your photo to include into the new and improved Aural Moon Rogues Gallery. Incriminating photos, photos involving beer and, especially, those involving midgets, peanut butter in under garments, riding crops and rubber gloves will receive special attention (hopefully, not by the authorities).

Please, the highest resolution photo you can muster up would be greatly appreciated by your fellow Aural Moonies. PM me here or email me the photo. Please help me sort these out efficiently by including "AM Rogue's Gallery" in the subject field.

NorCalKurt
05-24-2009, 09:04 PM
I will be installing some Gallery software in the coming days. Think now about sending your photo to include into the new and improved Aural Moon Rogues Gallery. Incriminating photos, photos involving beer and, especially, those involving midgets, peanut butter in under garments, riding crops and rubber gloves will receive special attention (hopefully, not by the authorities).

Please, the highest resolution photo you can muster up would be greatly appreciated by your fellow Aural Moonies. PM me here or email me the photo. Please help me sort these out efficiently by including "AM Rogue's Gallery" in the subject field.

Midgets and beer, NICE! count me in.

roger
05-25-2009, 06:40 PM
picture sent! thanks, Vax!

progdirjim
05-27-2009, 12:23 PM
well since Aural Moon wouldn't exist without the listener community, let's do listener shows. One hour each. Music has to either be on the Moon, or be theoretically Moon worthy. Plenty of latitude will be given though. If it is not on the Moon, be prepared to rip as a 192K mp3 file, with v3.2 tags and album art.

Who is interested? We will have to limit to the first 24 responses :D

KeithieW
05-27-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm up for it Jim. :)

mossy
05-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Jim, I guess if we don't really know how to do any of that tagging and ripping stuff we shouldn't be doing a show :winkies:

I would love to, but I have zilch time to devote to learning and doing.

Looking forward to everyone's shows.

KeithieW
05-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Jim, I guess if we don't really know how to do any of that tagging and ripping stuff we shouldn't be doing a show :winkies:

I would love to, but I have zilch time to devote to learning and doing.

Looking forward to everyone's shows.
mossy,

What do you want to play? If I have the tracks I can sort out the tagging for you.

Just let me know and if I can help I will.

RogorMortis
05-27-2009, 02:57 PM
I'll do one hour and bore everyone to tears :D No they won't as I forgot KW's show - that would bore everyone..........As they say in DK it's a choice between typhoid and cholera :D :D

mossy
05-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks, k thats lovely of you.

I don't even have the time to put into thinking about it, much as I would like to. Better to leave it to those who can do it justice.

But hey... when you're doing your show, maybe you could think of Nick :)

dangerboy
05-27-2009, 03:56 PM
well since Aural Moon wouldn't exist without the listener community, let's do listener shows. One hour each. Music has to either be on the Moon, or be theoretically Moon worthy. Plenty of latitude will be given though. If it is not on the Moon, be prepared to rip as a 192K mp3 file, with v3.2 tags and album art.

ok, so if it's on the moon, do you just provide a list of artist and song? I seriously doubt I have anything that the moon doesn't already have. :notworthy

KeithieW
05-27-2009, 05:27 PM
But hey... when you're doing your show, maybe you could think of Nick :)
It's thought of and will be included (assuming I can get it passed Officer Jim).

If you change your mind just write me, eh?

Mike413
05-27-2009, 05:28 PM
THe only thing I can think of is to play Led Zeppelin's "ten years gone." Great song although "in the light" is probably the proggy choice from that album. ;)

lotus
05-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Jim, when is the deadline? On this will depend my possibility to do something very boring as KW and Rogor..:). And how will it work practically (upload, sending CD's)?

NorCalKurt
05-28-2009, 06:56 PM

If I knew how to do that stuff, I would love to add something to the celebration . OK, so I don't spend all my time on this thing, It just seems that way sometimes. :dunno: ;)

sharcnorris
05-30-2009, 11:40 PM
I easily have 60 MoonMinutes of Mayhem...

secrettouch2me
05-31-2009, 03:06 AM
TEE shirts!!!! With a great design and to show all the hard work Vax been doing in here.

Avian
06-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Hey hey! I'll be in Tuscon for the anniversary. Hmmm - maybe some fun weekend shenanigans? Maybe Jim and I could get together and do a dual online party...

podakayne
06-02-2009, 11:52 PM
a great idea indeed...but like me sis mossy, not sure where i'll find the time, but i know all participants will do justice to my ears...

p.s. rogor you could never bore me to tears with your musical selections, that's a fine tuned instrument you carry and has lead to many a glad purchase per your endorsement. :notworthy

JamForte
06-08-2009, 05:58 AM
I'm up for another 36 hour faff...

... I'm also up for possible live streaming show from Forte Towers ... could be a double act with KW (eh? .. or just too d**m dangerous) ...
:rockband: :rockband: :rockband: :rockband: :rockband: :rockband:

KeithieW
06-08-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm up for another 36 hour faff...

... I'm also up for possible live streaming show from Forte Towers ... could be a double act with KW (eh? .. or just too d**m dangerous) ...
:rockband: :rockband: :rockband: :rockband: :rockband: :rockband:
I've been rostered to work on the Monday but I'm off on the Tuesday. I'm trying to get a swap so that I can attempt the 36 hour Faff again.

I'm up for a live stream if we can sort out the technology.
:dogpile: :dogpile: :dogpile:

JamForte
06-08-2009, 08:42 AM
I've been rostered to work on the Monday but I'm off on the Tuesday. I'm trying to get a swap so that I can attempt the 36 hour Faff again.

I'm up for a live stream if we can sort out the technology.
:dogpile: :dogpile: :dogpile:

unless the system's changed radically - I think we just need to stream mp3 to the station ... and it can take it from there .. but have to faff with Vax about that...

We probably have the technology .. all that's lacking is the talent ;)

ttfn

Roger -Dot- Lee
06-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Well, I'm afraid I gave up circus midgets at the same time I gave up smoking, so I'm going to have to stay on the other side of the tent, as it were.

But if y'all need someone to run the cannon, let me know. I'm all about high explosives, especially if it includes shooting midgets, spammers, or Microsoft Developers across the room.

VAXman
06-13-2009, 08:36 AM
FWIW, an actual, honest-to-goodness, LIVE show is possible! If you're interested, see me about details. You'll need to install Shoutcast or Nicecast, and an ssh client (PuTTY) on your 'puter to do so.