PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Prog Tech Geeks!

EmoonGirl
04-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi Guys,

My best friend and I are in the process of launching a prog project and we would like to set up a website. Neither of us know too much about doing that and we'd love some help. I know there is a prog loving tech man out there who would be willing to help with this. Or at least willing to talk about it :D Let me know. Thanks!

:notworthy

TheFish
04-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Hey Emo, I did a gig for a while as an internet marketing consultant I may have some usefull info. If you want.

msgat@pacbell.net if you are interested.

BrianSaladSurgery
04-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi Guys,

My best friend and I are in the process of launching a prog project and we would like to set up a website. Neither of us know too much about doing that and we'd love some help. I know there is a prog loving tech man out there who would be willing to help with this. Or at least willing to talk about it :D Let me know. Thanks!

Sorry, I know nothing about web sites. :rolleyes2

spewie
04-16-2009, 05:54 PM
hey E-Girl, I create web sites for a living, do not have much time available most often, but I will offer any help i can

VAXman
04-17-2009, 07:10 AM
Hi Guys,

It would help to explain some of what you intend to do with and on your site.

Where you host your site can make a world of difference too. If you go with a particular hosting site, there are some questions you need answered:

What web server is used?
What scripting language(s) are available?
Will you be able to use a database and, if so,

which one?
How well/easily to the scripting lingos support it?

Can you install your own CGIs?
Is there a CMS available?

Can you install one?
Can you change and configure its themes?

What sort of support from the hosting site can you get for aforementioned?

Will your site be static? Or, will there be user interaction?