PDA

View Full Version : PDJs CD collection

progdirjim
07-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Let's see if this works - here's a photo of the cabinets we had custom built for my CD collection. A couple of drawers are pulled out for illustration. And I've run out of space so I am now switching from jewel boxes to envelopes to get more CDs in there :)

warning, the photo is large,when I reduced the resolution it was too blurry and lost the effect...

sharcnorris
07-09-2009, 09:11 PM
I know the other Drawers are full of wine, so... where are all the CDs?

Thx JB, I really did want to see How you stored 5000plus Cds!

peri
07-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Jim,

How classic! The warmth of wood and the elegance of the design, in the well-lit off-white setting of the room, is a sure chick-magnet. Women love that sort of neat and discrete tucking away of personal collections.

I can appreciate that the main objective is the efficient use of space; but here's where some sort of nano-teched automated internal video system could help you navigate through the inventory, and substitute for the immediacy of being able to turn your head towards a shelf and stare at the spines.

Good Luck with expansion plans!

Peri

Siberian Khatru
07-10-2009, 06:16 AM
Nice storage system Jim. Looks very elegant. Bit better than my system of Conti board shelves but I think you've got a few more CDs than me. Where are you going to put the empty jewel cases ?

NorCalKurt
07-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Cd snob. :p ;) nice cabinets btw.

progdirjim
07-10-2009, 10:50 PM
well yeah, speaking of jewel cases, if anyone needs some, I'll sell them for shipping cost plus, say 1$ for my trouble :D I've got hundreds...

roger
07-11-2009, 06:55 AM
that just makes me laugh!

out of sheer jealousy!!

awesome, Jim. :D

KingRat
07-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Nice storage system Jim. Looks very elegant. Bit better than my system of Conti board shelves but I think you've got a few more CDs than me. Where are you going to put the empty jewel cases ?

If you look closely in the middle of the pic, below the art work is a marble framed storage space for cases that are empty or contain Country & Western, Michael Jackson, Pussycat, …..disks

:dogpile:
Yip, I am also green

Ramon Porta
07-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Where are the othrs cd's i dont think you have in this placer the whole colection

RogorMortis
07-18-2009, 04:21 AM
You're madder than the rest of us :D

jtmckinley
07-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Nice cabinets there buddy. You got me beat, mine are all in cardboard boxes in the basement now that they've been ripped. Well, except some of the newer ones that were recently ripped that are in a cheapo plastic CD stand upstairs. Color me jealous.

Thor
07-22-2009, 07:29 AM
Jim those look nice, but by the looks of them, you should have had enough room to fit in another tier per slider unit. and still had accessability to get the discs out., Like sharc said wine is prob i all the rest anyways LOL

podakayne
07-22-2009, 08:33 PM
really nice custom shelving unit jim...and peri is right the room is a real chick magnet, just be careful when you attract them you dont call them "chicks" :jawdrop: :eeeek

:winkies: