PDA

View Full Version : Manfred Eicher and ECM

mariocc
10-06-2011, 06:40 AM
Amigos ,
Manfred Eicher, ECM Records’ founder and producer is in a documentary.
It centers in his life and work, " Sounds And Silence: Travels With Manfred Eicher "
Its premiere was on Sept. 12.
I know there are some of us with strong connections with that label.
Here my 3 ECM albums with more impact in me,,many of them heard in school days …unforgettable hours listening and discovering.
Maybe you want to share something similar,,let me know.
Greetings and best wishes !

Marc Johnson – Marc Johnson’s Bass Desires
Abercrombie, Holland, DeJohnette – Getaway
Metheny – Bright Size Life

Laudio9
10-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Wow, love ECM stuff mario, I have a full catalog of ECM vinyl, cassettes and cds, the majority of it being on vinyl. As I said before, when prog kinda went south in the 80's, I turned to ECM to get my fix. I would really like to see the documentary of Manfred Eicher. He is probably one of the greatest producers of our time. All of the early Ralph Towner stuff, Egberto Gismonti, Metheny and Gary Burton and the crazy Meridith Monk and people like Colin Walcott and what he did with Codona, Walcott, Don Cherry and Nana Vasconcelos...a few of the Oregon albums were on ECM, mostly Vangard though...the resident sax player Jan Garbarek who seemed to play on all the ECM stuff.... Jack DeJohnette, Arild Andersen, Dino Saluzzi, Eberhard Weber, Rainer Bruninghaus, Carla Bley, Gary Peacock, Paul Bley....The list would truly go on forever....its all timeless music.... Heres ECM's website where they list every artist thats on ECM records. http://www.ecm-records.com/News/Diary/316_Reviews_of_the_week_September_30.php?lvredir=7 33&catid=0&rubchooser=202&mainrubchooser=2
Thanks for rekindling the ECM flame mario! Great stuff:thumbsup:

mariocc
10-06-2011, 09:31 AM
and I add K Jarrett..( here in moon..) and maybe best selling ECM musician ,,
great Laudio ! cheers amigo

mailotron
10-06-2011, 03:04 PM
As Laudio ECM was a good substute to out-of-breath progmusic for me during the years 80ies.
Terje Rypdal, Jan Garbarek, Shankar were my fav ... Miroslav Vitous , trilok Gurku .... souvenirs souvenirs.... Eberhard Weber ......