PDA

View Full Version : RIP Neil Armstrong

emperorken
08-25-2012, 02:41 PM
A sad day. For those of us old enough to remember that day in July, 1969, an especially sad day.

KeithieW
08-25-2012, 02:50 PM
A childhood and adult hero of mine. I feel very sad right now. R.I.P. Neil Armstrong.

Here is my tribute to you courtesy of Graeme Edge.

Higher and Higher - The Moody Blues.

Blasting, bursting, billowing forth
With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes
Man with his flaming pyre
Has conquered the wayward breezes
Climbing to tranquillity
Far above the cloud
Conceiving the heavens
Clear of misty shroud

Higher and higher
Now we've learned to play with fire
We go higher and higher and higher..........

Vast vision must improve our sight
Perhaps at last we'll see and end
To our homes endless plight
And the beginning of the free
Climbing to tranquility
Finding it's real worth
Conceiving the heavens
Flourishing on earth

Higher and higher
Now we've learned to play with fire
We go higher and higher and higher..........

JamForte
08-25-2012, 03:30 PM
a sad loss, indeed ...

... but good to remember those days, when it seemed that we (the human race) had higher things to set our sights on than local disputes ...

VAXman
08-25-2012, 03:31 PM
I know Neil Armstrong's son, Rick, and Neil's grand daughter Kayleigh. I sent him and the family an email expressing my sympathies.

And I can still recall my television viewing of that monumental first step.

podakayne
08-26-2012, 12:39 AM
VAX you are truely and amazing individual (though i am still not convinced you are wholey human)...God bless ya and as for Neil i smile every time i think of what he and his fellow space travelers did for my imagination, i too remember that moment on the tv...much love to him and his family

artw
08-26-2012, 10:18 AM

VAXman
08-26-2012, 10:33 AM
VAX you are truely and amazing individual (though i am still not convinced you are wholey human)...God bless ya and as for Neil i smile every time i think of what he and his fellow space travelers did for my imagination, i too remember that moment on the tv...much love to him and his family
If you haven't already figured out how I met and got to know Neil Armstrong's son Rick and daughter Kayleigh, her name should be hint enough. I first met them both at the second Marillion Weekend convention in Minehead, Somerset England. Yes, they're both Marillion fans. The last time we met up face to face was at the Marillion gigs held in Montreal in 2011. Below is a YouTube video of both Rick and Kayleigh performing with Marillion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVk_VdCHPY4

Rick maintains a framed photo of Kayleigh and himself that I took at the Minehead convention.

ProgressivePaul
08-29-2012, 12:50 PM
RIP original moonie.

dangerboy
08-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Coincidentally, we will have a blue moon on Friday, the day of his memorial service. Pretty cool.