PDA

View Full Version : Sad news about Moono

progdirjim
01-01-2013, 01:14 AM
I heard today from Moono's mom, that he succumbed to a nasty cancer in April of 2012. Many of us had chatted with Moono, so I wanted to share it publicly. I was thinking about a small Moon donation to this charity: http://www.acrf.com.au/ - if you are interested, let me know by Jan 14 and I'll coordinate and arrange it...

emperorken
01-01-2013, 02:17 AM
RIP moono. We had many interesting conversations. Enjoy prog heaven.

KeithieW
01-01-2013, 03:26 AM
Oh dear....that is sad. Thanks for letting us know Jim.

ErikM
01-01-2013, 03:55 AM
Bad news to start 2013. Thanks for letting us known Jim.

VAXman
01-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Sad. A young fellow and he so loved the moon. I wondered why we hadn't seen him around for some time.

RIP!

lotus
01-01-2013, 10:30 AM
RIP Moono!

You told us about your fight against this terrible enemy and you were always so positive. I am very sad to hear that you lost this fight.

We will miss you

NorCalKurt
01-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Sad news indeed. Too young. RIP Moono.

Mike413
01-01-2013, 12:07 PM
I had a friend in college who was fan of Yes, KC, Genesis, PF etc who died from cancer. He was a good guitarist too. This reminded me of him. Sad to hear about Moono. RIP Moono.

Thor
01-01-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm sorry to hear this news, I knew he wasn't well. RIP Moono.

podakayne
01-01-2013, 02:25 PM
just read dales dedication to moono, i really liked him...lets all smile because just as the aural moon gave him music he loved, so did we all give him great conversation and companionship...

peace & love to his family, peace & love to us all
Moonloop

mailotron
01-01-2013, 03:06 PM
To die at eve of life , that's incredible , unspeakable pain, repose en paix Moono

Yesspaz
01-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Dang. I didn't see that coming. I wondered where he'd been. RIP, Moono.

thegooze
01-01-2013, 05:02 PM
It is very sad news to hear of this. I remember Moono. He had changed his member name to something else last few times I chatted with him here. My sincere condolences. I will always remember his intro to the shoutbox was a simple "Hi".

lotus
01-01-2013, 05:20 PM
I was thinking about a small Moon donation to this charity: http://www.acrf.com.au/ - if you are interested, let me know by Jan 14 and I'll coordinate and arrange it...

Jim, I would like to donate something in rememberance of Moono. Please indicate here where to send.

I would like that Moono's Familiy knows, that he was not here on the Moon one of the thousands anonymous users, but that he was appreciated here as a real member of a prog comunity. So not the amount counts to be donated , but the fact that many participate with a simbolic $.

meissa
01-01-2013, 07:46 PM
WOW This is sad news. We had other common music interests that we shared here. I will miss his "Hi" followed by "?".

RIP Moono.

VAXman
01-01-2013, 08:01 PM
FYI, Google found this brief fragment of Moonoffruits' obituary:

PURCELL, Justin Thomas Moore Park Beach. Passed away peacefully on 14th April, 2012, at the Mater Private Hospital, South Brisbane. Aged 31 years. Much loved...

Much too young.

meissa
01-01-2013, 08:04 PM
WOW 31 years old, so not fair :( Cancer fucking sucks.

ErikM
01-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Didn't knew Justin was that young ... I remember him often as very radical. It was difficult to conversate with him if you're coloured opinion wasn't black or white. But in the beginning when Moono arrived in the shoutbox I had many talks with him about he's passions and his life.
I knew he had cancer but I also remembered he was sometimes many months away without any sine of life .... and if you didn't expect him anymore he surprised us again in the shoutbox. Even with a new name.
This last surprise wasn't what I expected. May he rest in peace.

ErikM

ErikM
01-02-2013, 09:32 AM
* sign of life

Sorry for my bad English.

ErikM

spewie
01-02-2013, 12:13 PM
blessed be in prog heaven my friend!!

mariocc
01-02-2013, 04:11 PM
I asked for Justin through these last months,,time to time we thought of him,,really sad,,I think in his family, his parents,,,cruel disease,,family suffer a lot.

Peace, and one thing is for sure : I see a wonderful community here, a real gift , best wishes to all

Diff_Drummer
01-03-2013, 10:44 AM
We need all the younger prog lovers we can get. 31 was WAY to young to leave us. RIP.

ramsgate
01-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Rest in Peace Justin, May God be with you and your Family.

RUNDVIS
01-04-2013, 07:56 PM
In addition to Meissa...at some point Moono had typed in the chatroom:
--------------
-hi
-?
-bye
--------------
Agreeing with what Erik said earlier,Moono was quite a character indeed.Discussing things with him wasn't easy since he seemed already to have made his mind up about things beforehand(and this led at times to surreal conversations).His love for music was undebated though.

R.I.P Justin aka Moono.

gr8sho92
01-04-2013, 09:05 PM
We'll truly miss you, Justin. Thanks for being part of the Aural Moon community. R.I.P.

sharcnorris
01-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Ive been ill and did not read this till today, I need to cry alittle......

Justin, jim and I chatted for hours and years. He was a very sensitive young man who believed in god above all else. sometimes this was a chuckle to me but always did i respect his beliefs. He would drive vax crazy to the biggest smiles from us. he loved his prog and knew it well. he would announce that he was going to rq huge retrospectives of his favorite artists and then play just one tune. I loved seeing him here. with the different time zone his morning was just when Durk (rund) and I were here late at night.

Justin was so loving to his Mom, his god, his Australia. he got mad at me alot for kangaroo jokes. He loved playing morning tennis and going to the beach every day. His favorite band was FLOYD but he really knew the new stuff . he also would rq the worst electronic long tracks... I have missed you oh'fruity one. I am less now without you.... peace to all that have had him in their hearts.......... Marc Norris

mossy
01-05-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm still trying to come to terms with this. Moono tried his hardest to keep the Moonites in line, a monumental task. Often announcing a new project, he always had a bright face, even though I have no idea what he looked like. The cancer he reported on a couple of times in the forums, and encouraged us to always look on the positive side. I thought he would beat it. Looking at the timeline it appears he put up a brave fight. I am thinking of his Mum today and to you Moono, you made a difference to me and it seems to many others. Rest in peace.