PDA

View Full Version : COTM - Feature #94 - Windchase and Mahavishnu Orchestra

OverHillandDale
03-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Greetings my friends.

Ever since the program a few weeks ago that featured Sabastian Hardie I had wanted to play this Windchase album as a follow-up. Well, this week I have found the right time. I will start with their 1977 album Symphinity.

For the 2nd half of the program I bring you Mahavishnu Orchestra's live album from 1973 - Between Nothingness & Eternity. For good measure I tossed in a epic track from APOCALYPSE (1974).

I will not be able to join you all in the shoutbox Friday night as I'm visiting my Mom in Virginia. She is one that uses technology but doesn't need all those new fangled bells and whistles. So, dial-up just doesn't cut it for hanging out (right DB?) in the shoutbox.

I'll, hopefully, catch you on Monday @ noon. I hope you will enjoy the show.

dale

OverHillandDale
03-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Replay is today (Monday) @ 12noon e.s.t. Hope to see you in the shoutbox or hope, at least, that you can listen in.

mailotron
03-04-2013, 02:35 PM
great selection Dale .... as usual.... your show spoiled us definitly :-)

OverHillandDale
03-04-2013, 10:29 PM
great selection Dale .... as usual.... your show spoiled us definitly :-)

Thank you, Mailotron. I appreciate your feedback and support. :)

deSousa
03-06-2013, 04:51 AM
Interesting. Never heard of Windchase before, a bit too light hearted for my usual mood but still some involving melodies. At PA the LP is rated below 3 (http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=1395), any guesses why?

OverHillandDale
03-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Interesting. Never heard of Windchase before, a bit too light hearted for my usual mood but still some involving melodies. At PA the LP is rated below 3 (http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=1395), any guesses why?

I would hazard the guess that since Windchase (the group) was an offshoot from Sebastian Hardie after they split. It is a little "lite" from original sounds and came at a time where prog was fading. SH would regroup later so Windchase did not need to continue on. The album just didn't get much publicity or circulation. It's just really pleasant, but not a groundbreaker.