PDA

View Full Version : COTM - #113 - The Travellers & Early Renaissance

OverHillandDale
07-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Greetings Moon Friends.

Here in Atlanta, GA we are enjoying a weather pattern that just keeps giving and giving. Late afternoon thunderstorms have cut off my communications at the house so I am coming to you from the parking lot of the local Dunkin' Donuts so I could borrow their wifi connection (shh - don't tell).

This means, of course that my introduction can not be uploaded for the show. So enjoy a announcement free show today.

For your listening enjoyment and edification, I bring you The Travellers from Poland. According to ProgArchives: "Travellers was formed in 2011 by Wojtek Szadkowski, known for his past involvement with such acclaimed bands as Collage, Satellite, and Strawberry Fields. As Wojtek explains, Travellers music is a mixture of prog, ethnic music, the 80's music, a lot of magic and space, and all of this crowned by (lead singer) Robin's fantastic voice."

Their one an only release to date is A Journey Into The Sun Within, which was released in 2011.

Inspired by Robin's lovely vocals we go back to the early 70's to Pre-Annie Renaissance. Instead of Annie Haslem at the mic we have Jane Relf. The line-up of the band is the one that founded the group Renaissance but would shortly break-off to form the group Illusion. The title of the 1970 album is entitled Illusion (but under the name Renaissance). It is their 2nd album and the last with that line-up.

I close the show with a few other early Renaissance tracks from their self-title debut album released in 1969.

I hope you'll enjoy the great vocalists. Hopefully I will be able to toss in my introductions for later in the week. Take care.

d