PDA

View Full Version : Feature #145 - Francesco Di Giacomo/Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso

OverHillandDale
02-21-2014, 08:49 PM
Feature #145 - Francesco Di Giacomo/Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso

I am quite saddened to disclose the death of Francesco Di Giacomo, one of Progressive Rock's greatest voices. Since the formation of the Italian group Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso in 1969, Francesco Di Giacomo has been their vocalist. The group was still active until his passing.

Francesco was killed suddenly in an auto accident in Zagarolo, Italy. Fortunately, the woman driving the other vehicle involved was not seriously injured. This happened on February 21, 2014.

Please join me this evening to listen to En Concierto May, 1999 - Mexico City. This is Banco's live album from their tour to that city. It is an excellent album with superior sound and a playlist that covers the bands full career.

We offer our love and prayers to the family, friends and fans of Francesco Di Giacomo. We are so grateful for his talent and the living legacy of his recordings with Banco.

I hope you can join us.

NorCalKurt
02-21-2014, 09:44 PM
:( I was lucky enough to see him a couple times. He'll be missed.

Laudio9
02-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the show Dale. I was fortunate to see Francesco a couple times at Nearfest with Banco, the 2001 show was amazing. It was without a doubt one of the best concerts ever. They came out for 3 encores, 3 standing ovations and Francesco was actually crying.. Vittorio (keyboard player) was kidding him that he was a bambino, Francesco was so touched that the crowd loved them as much as we did. He was a gentle giant of a man and I for one will miss him but it is wonderful that he gave us all of this great music. He is and will always be one of the greatest vocalist of our time.

mailotron
02-24-2014, 01:26 PM
thanks Dale :-)

mailotron
02-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Disc 1:
1. Brivido (6:48)
2. Il Ragno (5:42)
3. Sirčne (6:38)
4. R.I.P. (Requescant In Pace) (9:05)
5. Bisbigli & Passagglio (1:55)
6. La Conquista Della Positione Eretta (10:36)

Disc 2:
1. E Mi Viene Da Pensare (6:46)
2. Canto Di Primavera (7:11)
3. L'Evoluzione (8:11)
4. Moby Dick (5:41)
5. Roma-Tokyo (6:29)
6. Lontano Da (7:15)
7. Traccia (3:19)

Band :
Francesco Di Giacomo / vocals
- Vittorio Nocenzi / keyboards
- Rodolfo Maltese / guitar
- Filippo Marcheggiani / guitar
- Tiziano Ricci / bass
- Maurizio Masi / drums

gr8sho92
02-24-2014, 06:54 PM
Thanks for fixing the replay, Dale. Enjoyed the show a second time on my bike.

OverHillandDale
02-24-2014, 09:45 PM
Well, said, Laudio9. Thank you.

Thanks for the show Dale. I was fortunate to see Francesco a couple times at Nearfest with Banco, the 2001 show was amazing. It was without a doubt one of the best concerts ever. They came out for 3 encores, 3 standing ovations and Francesco was actually crying.. Vittorio (keyboard player) was kidding him that he was a bambino, Francesco was so touched that the crowd loved them as much as we did. He was a gentle giant of a man and I for one will miss him but it is wonderful that he gave us all of this great music. He is and will always be one of the greatest vocalist of our time.