PDA

View Full Version : COTM - #214 - Early Glass Hammer

OverHillandDale
06-19-2015, 08:14 AM
Greetings friends.

This week on Corner of the Mooniverse I will be featuring the early work and side projects of Glass Hammer.

The core of the group has been the duo of Steve Babb and Fred Schendel. They will be the focus of the show. First up is their 1997 release Live and Revived. It is made up of songs from Live Rehearsal recordings (no audience) and unreleased tracks from the time between Journey of the Dunadan (1993) and Perelandra (1995). This will be followed by One. This album are the early works of Steve and Fred. They are more in the genre of Electronic music vs. the Symphonic Progressive Rock you are used to from them.

I will be playing just random tracks of those two albums as there is a lot of material on the albums and I have more treats to come.

The feature album is a side project from Fred Schendel under the name Trurl. The album is titled Do Not See Me Rabbit. What makes this album fun is that it is more Fusion, an interesting and well done choice.

Ending the show are a couple of tracks from the duo of Laura Lindstrom (a vocalist that had worked with Glass Hammer) and multi-instrumentalist Jon Paul. I'd call them Progressive Folk, and Laura's voice is exquisite. Both Fred and Steve make guest appearances and Fred produced the album. It is a rare album.

I hope you'll join us for one of the broadcasts.

dale