PDA

View Full Version : What is your Favorite Allan Holdsworth Music?

OverHillandDale
04-20-2017, 08:41 AM
The passing of Allan Holdsworth this week is indeed a great loss for the music world, especially the Jazz/Fusion and Progressive Rock community.

What is your favorite piece of music? It can be an album, song or live performance. Perhaps it was just a band he was in.

I will be celebrating his music and life in this weeks COTM show. I have my favorites and perhaps some 'new to you' pieces (digging deep into his vault). So I'd like to hear from you on the matter as well.

Thank you, and may Allan Rest In Peace. Our love goes out to his family, friends and fans.

schupdoggy
04-20-2017, 02:12 PM
How about with Jean-Luc Ponty on his Enigmatic Ocean album

mariocc
04-20-2017, 09:58 PM
I.o.u______uk________bruford________tony Williams Lifetime

marquer
04-21-2017, 10:58 AM
He appeared to have had fun playing with Gong on Gazeuse. Here is part of a review:
"But his acoustic solo on "Shadows Of " proved that, while many guitarists were only capable of executing rapid-fire runs with a more forgiving overdriven tone, Holdsworth managed cleanly articulated, cascading light- speed phrases of absolute perfection without it. And Gazeuse is also a rarity in the guitarist's discography for his contributions on violin and, on the ethereal "Percolations Part One," pedal steel guitar."

mailotron
04-21-2017, 04:52 PM
UK
K2 first cd Book of dead
IOU
works with JL ponty
and so on...

mailotron
04-21-2017, 04:55 PM
How about with Jean-Luc Ponty on his Enigmatic Ocean album

Of course Shup :notworthy

TexDervish
05-01-2017, 05:44 PM
If I am going to pull out an album of Allan Holdsworth it would mostly likely be:
Road Games,
Bundles (Soft Machine),
One of a Kind (Bruford),
or UK.