PDA

View Full Version : Bowie

KeithieW
10-20-2003, 01:41 PM
Caught a bit of a programme about David Bowie earlier on and thought that some more of his albums might sit reasonably well on the playlists.

I don't mean "Young Americans" or "The Thin White Duke", excellent though they are. I was thinking more of "Space Oddity" and "Ziggy Stardust".

I can't think of many people who have changed "Styles" so often and released predominantly decent material every time.

Any comments???

progdirjim
10-20-2003, 01:56 PM
Well, you can definitely count me amongst the Bowie fans. We have some Bowie here - from Heroes and Low, predominantly. I've considered parts of Ziggy Stardust, but haven't done so yet - feel free to cast votes here. Space Oddity I've heard too many times on classic rock stations - I'll have to get less tired of it before I add it.

On a side note, I just picked up Bowie's latest - Reality - and it's pretty good.

Kind of ironic - not 5 minutes after I post this, 4front's cover of "Space Oddity" plays. not sure what to read into THAT...

KeithieW
10-20-2003, 02:07 PM
As for Space Oddity, I was thinking of 'Cygnet Commitee' as a track that would fit.

You're right about "Reality" his previous album "Heathen" was a good effort too.

progdirjim
10-20-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Keith Waye
As for Space Oddity, I was thinking of 'Cygnet Commitee' as a track that would fit.

You're right about "Reality" his previous album "Heathen" was a good effort too.

ahh, I don't have the Space Oddity album - I should pick that up, as it contains a lot of not-overplayed tracks...

KeithieW
10-20-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by progdirjim

Kind of ironic - not 5 minutes after I post this, 4front's cover of "Space Oddity" plays. not sure what to read into THAT...

Amazing. Especially as it wasn't me who requested it.

Divine intervention maybe????:D