PDA

View Full Version : who listens to pink floyd?

sickminddead
12-09-2003, 08:06 PM
i haven't been able to stop watching "live at pompeii". i'm so glad they finally released it on dvd so i don't have to rewind! i love their work during that time. the dvd has the original concert and a few extras like interviews, etc. my favorite part is the orignal concert of course. i can't help but zone out into their world when i'm watching and listening to them perform "careful with that axe eugene". have any of you gotten or seen it yet? what did you think?

byzantium
12-10-2003, 08:32 AM
Love it... My favourite PF era (Meddle/DarkSide) as well.

As the director recognizes himself, it's a pity that almost all attention is given to Nick Mason on 6-10min section of Echoes, though.

I really like the Dark Side of the Moon documentary that was issued earlier. One of the best rock documentaries I've seen. Great to see all the bandmembers being so obliging and doing their best to make it interesting and rewarding.

I also got the Can double-DVD recently. It's a must-buy for everyone who nourishes even the smallest interest in this fabulous band!

PlayingTheFool
12-10-2003, 05:46 PM
I love Pink Floyd & Live at Pompeii. I prefer the pre-Darkside era, but Animals is my favorte post-Darkside work. Pink Floyd is my favorite band I think...I own every studio album, every live album, 2 out of 4 compilations, a few concert videos, & every members solo outings...

KeithieW
12-11-2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by PlayingTheFool
I love Pink Floyd & Live at Pompeii. I prefer the pre-Darkside era, but Animals is my favorte post-Darkside work. Pink Floyd is my favorite band I think...I own every studio album, every live album, 2 out of 4 compilations, a few concert videos, & every members solo outings...

I'd say it was a good bet that they are your favourite band PTF:D

Yesspaz
12-11-2003, 12:36 PM
I love Pink Floyd. Got all their studio stuff and some "internet only" fare. I have Pompei on VHS and it has the interviews and stuff. Are there two different version of the VHS?

byzantium
12-11-2003, 01:39 PM
There's a 'Director's Cut' DVD of Pompeii available now.

kirk
12-20-2003, 02:12 AM
i listened to "echoes" just last night.

meddle-era floyd manages to be mind expanding
w/ only a no-frills pre-moog-era hammond, drum kit, bass and guitar.
they'll always be a major influence.

p e a c e kirk/zenpool

neilxt
01-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Loved it! I was just watching it yesterday. I must admit I was initially very disappointed. The interviews that make up the director's cut are interesting, once, but they break up the music and turn it into a documentary with music instead of a music video.

However, when I explored the "extras" I found that one of them was the original without all the extra crap and much, much better.

btw - Although I love this video it's probably only my 3rd or 4th favourite.

At #1 and completely unassailed, head and shoulders above the rest is "Secret World" by Peter Gabriel. I like Gabriel's music, but not a huge fan, but this DVD defines what a concert video should be. Beuatiful playing, beautiful and imaginative staging, thoughtful and not hyperactive camera work, stage visuals nicely blended with video visuals, phenomenal musicianship, every song had it's own visual and audio signature.

Wonderful work on all levels. If you don't actually dislike PG you'll love that video.

Floydian Slip
01-21-2004, 10:04 AM
Floyd are one of the best ever bands in the world and they come from the UK, what a claim we have:D .

Anyway, I would love to get my hands on the Pompeii DVD, I saw it on video when I was a lot younger and have wanted a copy ever since. I have got near enough all their albums, aswell as some videos and the film of The Wall.

How much of a change would there have been if Syd hadn't gone AWOL?, he made Floyd what they are today, but would they be what they are today if he hadn't taken the HIGH way.
Shine on you crazy diamonds.