PDA

View Full Version : You guys are cut off!

progdirjim
08-28-2001, 05:35 PM
No more Yes is going to be played today, so don't even request it.

I tried to stop Awaken for the second time, but SAM glitched on me and I couldn't. So 48 minutes out of the last hour were Yes. Hope you enjoyed it, 'cause you're not hearing anymore today.:mad:

Avian
08-28-2001, 09:46 PM
Oh, man - that post made my day!!!! :-)

Actually, I think we can automate how much one band can be requested ina given time period. Time for a music engine overhaul!

Avian

TagoMago
09-01-2001, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I must say I have been hearing an awful lot of Yes since I have been coming here. It's almost non-stop it seems sometimes.

This may offend some people, but I find Yes to be extremely grating on the nerves. It would be nice to hear early Pink Floyd, Genesis, or King Crimson played that often - or even some nice Canterbury stuff (Soft Machine, Caravan, Matching Mole, Gong).

progdirjim
11-14-2003, 12:23 PM
here's the other one Rick....

PlayingTheFool
11-14-2003, 02:39 PM
Matching Mole rules!! I am going to request them in a bit...

byzantium
11-15-2003, 01:44 PM
The only artist I hear too much too often is Lana Lane. Or it may only be bad timing.

By and large the mix here on AM is quite good.

ivan_2068
11-15-2003, 03:31 PM
I always asked myself why a prog' fan would ask for a Yes song if their albums are a must have?

I really don't believe many members don't have almost all Yes, Early Genesis or Pink Floyd albums.

Come on guys, ask for something unusual, rare or hard to find.

Iván

KeithieW
11-18-2003, 03:16 AM
I get the impression that the number of Yes "Requests" are going down all the time. I can't remember the last time I heard CTTE and I have AM playing 10-12 hours a day.

I will occaisionally request a Yes track but it tends to be something from the hard to get bunch, like The Wembley 1978 gig.

Do you have any statistics for the most played tracks and do you see trends??????? I would think that "The Tangent" are showing pretty well in the most requested category at the moment.

keithling
11-26-2003, 09:59 PM
While I love Yes, I am all for variety. There is simply way too much great Prog available to have only one band dominate the playlist. Thanks for sparing us Jim!:D

black max
12-16-2003, 10:11 PM
>>>Come on guys, ask for something unusual, rare or hard to find.

Agreed, but it seems every time I log on, I get hit with a wave of Italian prog that just gets on my nerves after a while. Or maybe it's just me.

Yes is a staple, but there is plenty of other music out there.

jnighting
12-17-2003, 06:45 PM
I agree with the suggestion that there is an overabundance of Yes or Yes related requests. As with KW, I am AMing roughly 10+ hours a day and would bet that I hear at least one Yes related song an hour. Granted, they are (were) a great group but there is so much more great music, including some Yes, that seems to be rarely requested that it is a shame that it isn't asked for once in a while. I, for one, try to request something that I have never heard at least once a day so I can maybe find some other group or artist that peaks my interest. I have found many new artists on AM that I like and have gone to purchase, or attempted to, their music. Today,was Nectar requests for me, tomorrow, who knows but it won't be anything Yes related.

KeithieW
12-17-2003, 06:50 PM
Good to see you here.

:D

jnighting
12-17-2003, 07:04 PM
Thanks KW. Been trying to get logged on for a while but......spend too much time in "Dark Room" and at work.:rolleyes:

KeithieW
12-18-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by jnighting
spend too much time in "Dark Room" and at work.:rolleyes:

That 4 letter word rears it's ugly head again.

Work I mean.....there aren't enough hours in the day for the Dark and Light rooms:(