Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion

Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion (http://auralmoon.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion/Prog News (http://auralmoon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How many CDs/Recordings Have Your Purchased? (http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536)

PlayingTheFool 08-26-2003 04:31 AM

Because of this great internet radio, it has made me purchase:

Gong-You

teermin8r 11-30-2003 10:31 PM

I have purchased 3 Malibran Cds, 1 Niacin, 3 Mike Oldfield, and 3 Steve Howe solo albums so far. I have a growing list of albums to buy with 20+ albums.

KeithieW 12-01-2003 02:28 AM

Hi t8r...........

Watch it tee!!!!! Now your on the Forums as well as Shout and Chat you may find there's not enough hours in the day to do things like eat and sleep.

Oh, I forgot. I'm the only saddo who does that. The rest of you have real lives!!!!!!!

BTW: My purchasing has reached the 45 mark with another 3 bids in the eBay ether.

podakayne 12-28-2003 01:01 AM

my cube wall's gonna fall

everytime i hear something i like...or must have..click the buy...find it...click the artist for other albums, circle the one that brought me and clip it up on my cubicle wall. the list is thick and i've only made a small dent with regards to purchases.

spock's beard, transatlantic, porcupine tree, kaipa, flower kings, King Crimson, tangent

gotta satisfy my roine needs. i've given up my lunch money for these things. the upshot of that is lost pounds but musically satiated. :p

artboy 12-28-2003 09:38 AM

Artboy's personal playlist

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Pod,
I have a pocket notebook which goes everywhere with me. It has probably over 300 CD's I "NEED".... if only I could figure out how to survive without food and gas for my jeep perhaps that list would be shorter!

podakayne 12-28-2003 03:19 PM

and did i mention

OSI and that wonderful Xang cd? artboy, u turned me on to that one. it's gonna be about 2-3 weeks for me to get that one...it coming from germany!

lunches are no longer a priority.

Yesspaz 12-28-2003 04:42 PM

Half.com people, Half.com

http://www.half.com

jnighting 12-29-2003 05:12 PM

I have discovered many artists that I had heard of before but never got much of a chance to lsiten to. Due to the fact that Central NY stinks as far as Progressive Music goes, I have had to buy elsewhere and AM has helped in getting the resources to do so. Puchases so far, Lana Lane, Ayreon, Eric Norlander, OSI, Tangent, Iluvatar.....many more on the wish list that will have to wait until the wife cools down from the recent purchases.:p Long live the Moon.

MrMagoo 01-15-2004 11:31 AM

I've been on AM full-time now for less than 2 months, and have already slaughtered the 10 purchases. We need a 20+ entry, and maybe logarithmic thereafter

KeithieW 01-15-2004 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MrMagoo
I've been on AM full-time now for less than 2 months, and have already slaughtered the 10 purchases. We need a 20+ entry, and maybe logarithmic thereafter
Too right MrM.

I've just gone past the 60 mark in a bit over 12 months. Fantastic to find so much new music to enjoy.

teermin8r 02-13-2004 04:02 PM

60 Cd's Keithie, awesome. I'm up to 35 plus 3 box sets. Where will it end?

A special note to my internet family. Thank you for your support.

Yesspaz 02-14-2004 10:57 AM

I guess I'd better chime in at about 8 cds a month, but not all are from AM. I do a whole lot of bargain shopping - used cd stores, www.half.com, etc. But AM has definitely increased my collection.

silverliver 02-26-2004 05:59 AM

Ayreon
SpocksBeard
Porcupine Tree
IQ
Arena
Liquid Tension Experiment

iq

Roger -Dot- Lee 03-16-2004 12:18 AM

Music purchased due to AM?

I'm not sure if I should be proud or not, but I just recently purchased albums #11, 12, and 13 as a result of AM. Mrs. Lee is seriously wondering about my sanity. I simply remind her that she did, in fact, marry me. That usually ends the discussion in a hurry.

Anyway, amongst the list:
  • 2x King Crimson
  • 2x Triumvirate
  • 1x Dixie Dregs (guess why?)
  • 1x Ars Nova
  • 1x Par Lindh Project
  • 2x Tangerine Dream
  • 1x Ryo Okumoto

Ah well, I didn't need that money anyway. And half.com is your friend!

Roger

KeithieW 03-16-2004 02:08 AM

I need a divorce lawyer...........

Just passed the 75 mark.

The long suffering Pam is spitting feathers and is threatening to send me out to work.

Roger -Dot- Lee 03-19-2004 06:45 PM

Re: I need a divorce lawyer...........

Quote:

Originally posted by Keith Waye
Just passed the 75 mark.

The long suffering Pam is spitting feathers and is threatening to send me out to work.

Poor Pam. Geez, KW, you have even worse impulse control than I do! :D

And I didn't think that was POSSIBLE!

zvinki 03-22-2004 12:20 PM

2 more for me

I bought OSI and John Ringer's electric version of The Rite of Spring. Two more reasons for my wife to divorce me.

Rick and Roll 03-22-2004 01:03 PM

REASONS?

in the U.S. there doesn't need to be reasons!:cool:

Roger -Dot- Lee 03-22-2004 02:09 PM

Re: 2 more for me

Quote:

Originally posted by zvinki
I bought OSI and John Ringer's electric version of The Rite of Spring. Two more reasons for my wife to divorce me.
So buy her something cool. Or take her out to dinner (I've found that a nice Fondue restaurant works WONDERS with Mrs. Lee when she's feeling grumpy with me).

YMMV, of course. :D

zvinki 03-22-2004 02:40 PM

For Better or Worse

She has to live up to her commitment. Hell, I am regularly tortured with Blue Rodeo and the Grease soundtrack!!!