Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion

Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion (http://auralmoon.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion/Prog News (http://auralmoon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Moonies Meeting Moonies (http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1272)

Roger -Dot- Lee 03-23-2005 06:51 PM

Re: Re: VAXman reporting

Quote:

Originally posted by Keith Waye
I had to do my impression of a London Underground station announcer for Kevin.
I get this sinking feeling that I'm likely to regret this question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway.

London Underground Station announcer?

VAXman 03-23-2005 07:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: VAXman reporting

Quote:

Originally posted by Roger Lee
I get this sinking feeling that I'm likely to regret this question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway.

London Underground Station announcer?

You've obviously not ridden on the underground. There's always some announcement about a service interrupt or problem. Keith did it quite well.

KeithieW 03-24-2005 02:37 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: VAXman reporting

Quote:

Originally posted by VAXman
Keith did it quite well.
That's because he travels the Underground every day and is getting P****d off at all the delays. :D

VAXman 03-24-2005 04:18 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: VAXman reporting

Quote:

Originally posted by Keith Waye
That's because he travels the Underground every day and is getting P****d off at all the delays. :D
Well then, I'm sure you will understand and appreciate this:

http://www.kontrabandcontent.co.uk/1...nderground.swf

progdirjim 05-06-2005 11:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ROSfest was a success, and despite crossing paths often, we have but one photo of Rick, Vax, and me. Here it is, if I've figured out how to include a photo...

VAXman 05-06-2005 11:05 AM

Will you look at that! Moe, Larry and Curly! :D

I knew that a picture was taken at that bar but I didn't remember whose camera was used. Now I know.

mossy 05-06-2005 11:19 AM

Such a great pic, Jim.

Seeing Moonies come together in 3-D is one of my greatest joys. For all the dark side of the internet, nobody can deny it's shrunk the globe in a very good way.

Lookin' good guys!

progdirjim 05-06-2005 11:39 AM

Quote:

Will you look at that! Moe, Larry and Curly! :D

I knew that a picture was taken at that bar but I didn't remember whose camera was used. Now I know.

And it was your son who took the photo...

podakayne 05-06-2005 11:43 AM

great photo Jim

just wish Vax would express himself more. but you guys look great! were's the caption that states you're all in your natural habitat?

thanks i'm adding it to my AM pics folder
poda:p

VAXman 05-06-2005 11:55 AM

Re: great photo Jim

Quote:

Originally posted by podakayne
just wish Vax would express himself more. but you guys look great! were's the caption that states you're all in your natural habitat?

Sorry poda, but as you all know, I'm the very serious thinker type! :D

podakayne 05-06-2005 12:46 PM

you still look good VAX ;-)

being the photographer you are, i realize you more than likely prefer to be on the other side of the camera...but there you are looking serious and thinking "could you get on with this, that Guinness has my name on it"

:p

VAXman 05-06-2005 01:30 PM

Re: you still look good VAX ;-)

Quote:

Originally posted by podakayne
being the photographer you are, i realize you more than likely prefer to be on the other side of the camera...but there you are looking serious and thinking "could you get on with this, that Guinness has my name on it"

:p

THAT'S why I wasn't smiling... NO GUINNESS at that bar.

...and there used to be too. I remember running upstairs last year from the ROSfest party to get pints at that bar.

sharcnorris 05-06-2005 03:38 PM

While surfing pics........

I CAN'T find QUISP anywhere in these pictures. I'm going back to my bowl of Quakes...SHEEESH!

VAXman 05-06-2005 03:43 PM

Re: While surfing pics........

Quote:

Originally posted by sharcnorris
I CAN'T find QUISP anywhere in these pictures. I'm going back to my bowl of Quakes...SHEEESH!
Quisp is here....

http://auralmoon.com/albums/album10/vaxman.jpg

Rick and Roll 05-06-2005 10:05 PM

excellent Jim...

although vax appears to be a) tired, b) unhappy, or c) constipated, that's a GREAT picture.

Alright Kris! Way to teach him vax.

Glad I lost forty pounds. I was lucky to get in there!

Here's something really neat...

go back to vax's pic of him and I (first post on this thread)...vax also looks very weary and I look very weighty....

VAXman 05-07-2005 06:28 AM

Re: excellent Jim...

Quote:

Originally posted by Rick and Roll
although vax appears to be a) tired, b) unhappy, or c) constipated, that's a GREAT picture.

Alright Kris! Way to teach him vax.

Glad I lost forty pounds. I was lucky to get in there!

Here's something really neat...

go back to vax's pic of him and I (first post on this thread)...vax also looks very weary and I look very weighty....

Last year we commuted back and forth each day. Add about 1.5-2 hours on the beginning and end of each of three days. I *WAS* tired. This year we stayed in the hotel but I was still up until nearly 4am every day doing picture uploads and at the venue at least .5 hour before scheduled first act showtimes.

If anything, it was my chest cold (walking pneumonia by chest Xray I had on Wednesday -- you should see the golf ball sized anibiotics that I now have to take) and the filthy cigaratte smoke in the bar. RoS is the Rites of Spring festival not the Right to Smoke festival. :mad:

Rick and Roll 05-07-2005 09:20 AM

Re: Re: excellent Jim...

Quote:

If anything, it was my chest cold (walking pneumonia by chest Xray I had on Wednesday -- you should see the golf ball sized anibiotics that I now have to take) and the filthy cigaratte smoke in the bar. RoS is the Rites of Spring festival not the Right to Smoke festival. :mad:
How come it's not possible to follow up a great time by more great times? I'd had nothing but headaches since I've been home also.

Nice one about the RoS...but unfortunately a hotel bar is always like that. Hopefully the illness will keep on walking....

podakayne 05-07-2005 02:15 PM

Well fellas rick & VAX

i'm sorry you two aren't feeling better for wear. probably not use to all that pollution you suffered traveling. VAX please take care of yourself, we need your photo prowess...Rick you look fabulous 40lbs. wish i could do that. hope the head feels better soon...your Dream show was 1 of my altime top 10. so keep your health up.

hoping Jim had on health penalties
feel better soon
poda

Rick and Roll 05-07-2005 02:26 PM

headaches...

are offspring related. I was speaking metaporhically.:cool:

Watch it with the Tangerine Dream accolades, vax might want to take over the show..:p actually there will be another in a few months...and I still have not heard this past one. Soon I will. ;)

VAXman 05-07-2005 02:54 PM

Re: headaches...

Quote:

Originally posted by Rick and Roll
are offspring related. I was speaking metaporhically.:cool:

Watch it with the Tangerine Dream accolades, vax might want to take over the show..:p actually there will be another in a few months...and I still have not heard this past one. Soon I will. ;)

Hey! Don't steal my brief (3hrs) moment of glory!