Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion

Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion (http://auralmoon.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion/Prog News (http://auralmoon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   10th Anniversary Celebration (http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4275)

progdirjim 02-12-2009 11:54 PM

10th Anniversary Celebration

Thread to post ideas, suggestions, requests, etc as Aural Moon celebrates its 10th anniversary later this year...

KeithieW 02-13-2009 02:27 AM

Re: 10th Anniversary Celebration

I remember the celebration we had a few years ago when Moonies sent in their own shows. I know I had great fun putting that together and also remember the fact that Jamforte and I were logged in and Faffing for 36 hours straight. It was a wonderful day.

Maybe we could do something similar this time around.

teermin8r 02-13-2009 06:48 AM

Wow, is it ten years already?

VAXman 02-13-2009 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by progdirjim (Post 40340)
Thread to post ideas, suggestions, requests, etc as Aural Moon celebrates its 10th anniversary later this year...

Maybe upload some Alvin Lee and 10 Years After? :neener:

While I find a celebration based on the rollover to the next significant digit in an arbitrarily based number system absurd (call me when we do the 10(16) anniversary :D ), let's try to have some real fun with this. The last big celebration was fun. I hope we can come up with something to top it.

RogorMortis 02-13-2009 12:44 PM

I did a show under one of the last (rare) brain waves here on AM but it came to nothing - I don't know why as I spent a bit of time doing the damn thing. Vax has the CD I did - burn it. I would do another with more up to date music with some more Mortis madness............I presume a 24 hour faff would be in order as long as it's on a Saturday

mossy 02-13-2009 01:08 PM

For the Anniversary reinstate the Rogues Gallery (since we now have so many more rogues) and bring back the chatroom!

Of course...I suspect these two requests are probably not do-able, so I don't hold out much hope.

Would be wonderful though.

I have really missed both.

Yesspaz 02-13-2009 01:28 PM

The Beatles' "Birthday" every hour on the hour.

VAXman 02-13-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mossy (Post 40352)
For the Anniversary reinstate the Rogues Gallery (since we now have so many more rogues) and bring back the chatroom!

Of course...I suspect these two requests are probably not do-able, so I don't hold out much hope.

Would be wonderful though.

I have really missed both.

I will look for a suitable image module for a Rogues Gallery. As for chat, it exists. I had disabled it due to it being exploited. There are some updates for this at just need to be applied. Fortunately, the anniversary is months away. Plenty of time to get this all instated.

NorCalKurt 02-13-2009 04:13 PM

Party at Jim's house.:salute :rockband:

mossy 02-13-2009 04:23 PM

Thanks Vax. That's GREAT.

I really was bracing myself for your response saying it wasn't possible, so I'm completely chuffed.

OverHillandDale 02-13-2009 05:43 PM

CD and LP Giveaways!!! (maybe raffle?) :yougo

Kazuhiro 02-13-2009 07:15 PM

I think that I am very glad because I read this joyous thread.

I will congratulate aural moon by my method. Perhaps, the listener and moonies are to enjoy it in the library. Please wait only a little.

P.S.

To Sintetista
Did you read this thread?
Can your band offer the tune for aural moon?
I thought it to be one of the congratulation.

VAXman 02-13-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mossy (Post 40357)
Thanks Vax. That's GREAT.

I really was bracing myself for your response saying it wasn't possible, so I'm completely chuffed.

I've actually installed a Gallery module and I have three photos in it for testing. I'm going to start working on how and where to integrate it into the web site.

People reading this thread should start now to find a photo they'd want in the gallery.

NorCalKurt 02-13-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAXman (Post 40365)
I've actually installed a Gallery module and I have three photos in it for testing. I'm going to start working on how and where to integrate it into the web site.

People reading this thread should start now to find a photo they'd want in the gallery.

Vax, do you have a good one of me at 3RP, intro TFK, maybe?

progdirjim 02-14-2009 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCalKurt (Post 40366)
Vax, do you have a good one of me at 3RP, intro TFK, maybe?

too easy

a GOOD photo of Kurt?! IMPOSSIBLE! :neener:
:deadhorse

eloy1964 02-14-2009 04:35 AM

All of the above sounds great to me. I really love the idea of fellow moonies putiing on a show - maybe a time limit may be a good idea. What about a connection game with the music. String a few tracks together and we can try and guess the connection. We need a time and date so we can book the time to be online and organise plus advertise the party.

lotus 02-14-2009 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogorMortis (Post 40351)
I did a show under one of the last (rare) brain waves here on AM but it came to nothing - I don't know why as I spent a bit of time doing the damn thing. Vax has the CD I did - burn it. I would do another with more up to date music with some more Mortis madness............I presume a 24 hour faff would be in order as long as it's on a Saturday

Well, I did the same when the idea came up..
But here a new idea:
A 24 hours show in which every moonie has the possibility to dedicate (with promo) via rcorded voice one or several songs to the moon. Each selected tune has to have it's own dedication.

In this way we will have a real "Moonie" show with many active participants.

RogorMortis 02-14-2009 11:17 AM

Vax has my latest photo which nearly made him lose his hair as well. He can use that as it's now in my passport.........

Thor 02-14-2009 09:39 PM

I'm partial to the number 69... it is my astrological sign as well

ProgressivePaul 02-15-2009 05:42 AM

mass moonie gathering!