Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion

Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion (http://auralmoon.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion/Prog News (http://auralmoon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Jon on Chris (http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6642)

Laudio9 07-02-2015 05:44 AM

Jon on Chris

http://jonanderson.com/news.html

Chris was a very special part of my life; we were musical brothers. He was an amazingly unique bass player - very poetic - and had a wonderful knowledge of harmony. We met at a certain time when music was very open, and I feel blessed to have created some wonderful, adventurous, music with him. Chris had such a great sense of humor... he always said he was Darth Vader to my Obiwan. I always thought of him as Christopher Robin to my Winnie the Pooh.

We travelled a road less travelled and I'm so thankful that he climbed the musical mountains with me. Throughout everything, he was still my brother, and I'm so glad we were able to reconnect recently. I saw him in my meditation last night, and he was radiant. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

Love and light.....Jon

Thor 07-07-2015 08:05 AM

Re: Jon on Chris

nice!

podakayne 07-07-2015 03:23 PM

ditto...

mariocc 07-07-2015 04:56 PM

nice,,, reading his kind words about his friend, my attention also was in those words referring about .."..we met at a certain time when music was very open, and I feel blessed to have created some wonderful, adventurous, music with him.."...so many times I ve told myself same about 'when music was so good'...like a very ooooold man complaining for everything..but you know..despite nowdays there are good things happening.....no doubt....something missing......hope those inspiring times that Anderson says ,,go back...maybe in a diff form for sure...Squier loss made me think again in the same topic. Regards amigos

Yesspaz 07-07-2015 09:54 PM

What's funny is I don't think we've heard from Steve or Alan or Tony yet. I think every other member's said something.

TheFish 07-08-2015 10:22 AM

Steve:
It’s hard to imagine the future without Chris! I sense that he will be in our thoughts & minds for sometime. He was a one-off, larger than life human being, who brought a serious amount to everything he was part of.

Long may his memory resonate through the lands.
—Steve Howe

Alan:

It has been harder than I can say to put thoughts to words—to express the sense of loss I feel upon the passing of my cherished friend and band mate, Chris Squire.I am without one of the most important, most loved people in my life. I always called him “Christopher”; it was his formal name and a term of endearment that I hope conveyed my respect and affection for the man who was always a gentle but strong leader; a steadfast rock of my existence.

Partnered together for forty-three years as the complicated rhythm section of YES, throughout the years and in so many ways he was my true brother; the one I never had. He was the driving force in YES from the beginning and I admired his passion. Striving for musical perfection, he set the bar high for himself and expected nothing less from the musicians around him. With deep conviction, even through occasional differences of opinion, we were united in our belief of YES music and the need to keep it alive and interesting. Through good times and hard times, we were kindred spirits, I had his back and he had mine. We shared a sometimes unspoken communication, it was something we just knew and understood. We were relentless in our quest to create meaningful music that would live on with or without us—I just never expected to be without his company at this early time in our lives.

It will be more difficult than I can imagine to perform on stage without looking at that imposing pillar of strength alongside me. He will be missed the world over but none is greater than the loss in my heart. He is no longer a fish out of water, he is free and swimming in the big ocean now.

Gigi and I want to thank all of our dear friends who have left voicemails, sent emails and cards, and given us tremendous support through this difficult time. There are too many to respond to individually, but please know that we have listened to and read each and every one of your messages and greatly appreciate everyone who has reached out to us. We are truly blessed with love and friendship.

Our thoughts are with all the Squire family members and loved ones—you are in our hearts and prayers.

With love,
Alan
Chris Squire fish Yes

A little digging revealed nothing from Tony. But then he is in legal action with Yes over unpaid royalties...................

Yesspaz 07-11-2015 03:24 PM

Thanks, Fish. I hadn't run across those.