Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion

Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion (http://auralmoon.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aural Moon Announcements (http://auralmoon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Happy 12th Anniversary Aural Moon! (http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5070)

TheFish 06-22-2011 11:03 AM

Happy 12th Anniversary Aural Moon!

Well Moon lovers far and wide it's our beloved Aural Moon's 11th Anniversary!

I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone what a spectacular gift this station is to us all. I can think of no better thing than the gift of music and the gift of PROGRESSIVE MUSIC is something to marvel on a daily basis!

So let's get in a week of spectacular Requesting in order to mark this occasion with all the pomp and prog it deserves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knp9-GY6fHE

Thanks to Jim Brennon for this marvelous gift of Aural Moon.:notworthy

Also, Vaxman and all the admins and such that keep the Moon Moonin'. :rawk:

THE INTERNETS PROGRESSIVE ROCK GARDEN!!!!!! :rockband:

P.S. Buy a shirt. :thumbsup:

marquer 06-22-2011 12:43 PM

Re: Happy 11th Anniversary Aural Moon!

Joyeux anniversaire Aural Moon!

Thanks to everyone who make this a reality.

Prog on!

Ted 06-22-2011 01:52 PM

H a p p y B i r t h d a y!!!! Aural MOON!!!!

Woo Hoo Moonies. Thanks to all who make it possible - especially ProgDirJim and VAXMan!!!!

Thanks for another WONDERFUL Year.

Regards from Texas,
Ted

Laudio9 06-23-2011 08:41 AM

Happy Anniversary to US! The Moon People! THANKS to the VAXman for keeping us running and of course the bossman Jim and everyone that keeps our station the best prog station in the Mooniverse...thanks Dale and Fish for the time you guy take to make life that much more enjoyable for us all on the Moon! Thor for the logo creation AND a big thanks to all of our Patrons for supporting the station!

Hey, lets change the rolling tag line on iTunes to reflect the 11th anniversary instead of the 10th....

Laudio and L9

tobytanzer 06-23-2011 09:33 AM

Thanks also and happy anniversary to all our online faffers and farrerettes.

Lets rq songs with the theme of 11th anniverary gifts; Steel (traditional) or fashion jewellery,accessories (modern)

emperorken 06-23-2011 09:52 AM

Happy Birthday Moon and Moonies. And thanks to Jim and all the admins for keeping it going.

podakayne 06-23-2011 02:38 PM

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
:rockband: :rockband: :rockband:
:vaxman: :salute :vaxman:

:flutter: :rawk:

KeithieW 06-23-2011 04:27 PM

Jam and I are kicking around the idea of doing another MEGA live broadcast from Forte Towers to celebrate AM's Birthday and other things.

If you remember we broadcast live for nearly 20 hours a few years ago and had an absolute blast doing it.

Anyone got any thoughts on whether this could be a goer?????

TheFish 06-23-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeithieW (Post 46497)
Jam and I are kicking around the idea of doing another MEGA live broadcast from Forte Towers to celebrate AM's Birthday and other things.

If you remember we broadcast live for nearly 20 hours a few years ago and had an absolute blast doing it.

Go For it! Sounds fun.

lotus 06-23-2011 05:02 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOON

Since 8 years the Moon is a part of my daily life. I discovered through the Moon that prog is not dead but alive like hell. Dues to the Moon I begun gigging again and enjoyed a lot of venues.

Last but not least, it is always great to be here meeting the people who have the same interest and share the one and the other shout, even if I am on daytimes mostly lurking and just listening to the music!

Quote:

KW, this would be a great net event again!! I LOVE live interacting shows!!

Yesspaz 06-23-2011 10:37 PM

I would like you to dance?

Magic Mountain 06-24-2011 08:52 AM

Thanks Jim!!!! This IS by far the best progressive rock station on the internet. Thanks also to the Vaxman, the other admins and to the moonies, OHD and Fish, that host shows.

Happy Anniversery, and may there be many many more!!!!

Karl

OverHillandDale 06-24-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

That was a great broadcast. But I'm confused. The 10th Anniversary celebration was in 2009. Would that make this year our 12th?

I love the idea of another marathon broadcast. I just happen to have a small selection of listener's playlists at my disposal from non-produced COTM shows. Just a thought. I'd be happy to do a segment of other stuff too, especially if we can figure out how to get me live with the other dj's.

dale

mossy 06-24-2011 10:06 AM

The big party (20 hour faffathon) was in 2005 or 2006, but I can't remember which anniversary we were celebrating :)

TheFish 06-25-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverHillandDale (Post 46506)
That was a great broadcast. But I'm confused. The 10th Anniversary celebration was in 2009. Would that make this year our 12th?

I love the idea of another marathon broadcast. I just happen to have a small selection of listener's playlists at my disposal from non-produced COTM shows. Just a thought. I'd be happy to do a segment of other stuff too, especially if we can figure out how to get me live with the other dj's.

dale

you mean that 10th anniversary has been ticking by in my winamp for 2 years?:rofl: :alien:

Talk about a senior moment. :dunno: :shootmeno

Why doesn't anybody tell me these things?

NorCalKurt 06-25-2011 09:06 PM

WOW, it's been a year. Congrats Moon!

gr8sho92 06-25-2011 11:41 PM

Happy Birthday to AM Radio. Thanks Davin, Jim, Brian and the rest of the Gang. Keep up the GR8 work.

OverHillandDale 06-26-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverHillandDale (Post 46506)

dale

No, really, folks. The station was founded in 1999. That does make this the 12th Anniversary. The big 10th Anniversary broadcast was in 2009 because that is what prompted me to start COTM and my 1st broadcast was September of 2009.

Here, from "The History of AM" is a posting Avian sent out to announce the start of broadcasts:

Newsgroups: rec.music.progressive, alt.music.yes, alt.music.genesis
rom: "Davin C. Flateau"

Date: 1999/06/22
Subject: New prog netshow: Aural Moon - now up!

We're proud to announce the first edition of a new weekly prog netshow: Aural Moon!

So happy 12th Anniversary Aural Moon.

VAXman 06-27-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Nudge! Nudge! Wink! Wink! Say more!

Toccata 08-13-2011 01:34 PM

Happy Birthday to Aural Moon, this nice Prog. Rock Radio and to the moonies too!
Brasilian embrace!