Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion

Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion (http://auralmoon.com/forum/index.php)
-   Concert Happenings (http://auralmoon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Sound of Contact at ProgDay 2013 (http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5996)

dangerboy 06-10-2013 01:40 PM

Sound of Contact at ProgDay 2013

After making 3 solo albums SIMON COLLINS (son of musician PHIL COLLINS) decided to try something he had always wanted to do - a band of his own; a group of artists that shared a vision with whom he could collaborate musically and lyrically. That band became SOUND OF CONTACT. Featuring Simon on vocals and drums, DAVE KERZNER (SONIC REALITY, KEVIN GILBERT) on keyboards, and MATT DORSEY and KELLY NORDSTROM trading off on guitar and bass, SOUND OF CONTACT have created a sound all their own while paying homage to the greats of classic prog rock and electronica. With their debut release Dimensionaut, they hit the ground running with a deep concept album about a dimensional time and space traveler and his journey to expand the borders of the human experience.

ProgDay is pleased to announce that SOUND OF CONTACT will be closing out the show on Saturday, September 1. The touring edition of the band finds JOHN WESLEY (PORCUPINE TREE, FISH) handling the guitar duties and the addition of RONEN GORDON on drums. The band will be performing Dimensionaut in it's entirety and a few surprises along the way.

SOUND OF CONTACT (US) will join THANK YOU SCIENTIST (US) and SIMAKDIALOG (Indonesia) at ProgDay 2013, the nineteenth edition of the world's longest running progressive rock festival. ProgDay 2013 will take place on Saturday, August 31st, and Sunday, September 1st, at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. For more information, and to hear music from all of this year's bands, please visit us at www.progday.net.

krid atuan 06-11-2013 03:14 PM

Re: Sound of Contact at ProgDay 2013

For the European listners, Sound of Contact will be on The Night of the Prog Festival on the Loreley [above the river Rhein] (St Goarhausen) in Germany in the weekend of 13 and 14th of July, together with Steve Wilson, Opeth, Anima Mundy and several others,. http://www.wiventertainment.com/projekte/21-motp.html

dangerboy 06-11-2013 05:59 PM

That's pretty cool krid. I hope you plan to go.

mossy 06-12-2013 08:44 PM

Dimensionaut is regularly played at our house at the moment. Waiting for a west coast gig.

Later: Wanted to add... enjoy if you go... I hear they are playing the entire album at ProgDay. Moebius Slip and Realm of In-organic Beings - yum.

KeithieW 06-13-2013 03:37 AM

A CD I am still waiting to add to my collection mossy. It shall be done as soon as I'm home from Wales.

Nice to read you again love. Xxx

mossy 06-14-2013 10:29 AM

You too, k. I'm going to go out on a limb and say I think you will really enjoy this album. Let me know

sharcnorris 06-15-2013 06:38 PM

Thx for the info db. Sound of Contact has conquered my home as well, the Drums are sensational!!!!!!!!!!

mossy 06-15-2013 07:00 PM

sharc, I imagine this music was made for the sound system you have. Speaking of the incredible drums, part 4 of Mobius Slip at minute 14:38 where there is the small "whoosh" sound and the drums are showcased... until minute 15:30. Beautiful. I've been playing it all day.

KeithieW 06-21-2013 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mossy (Post 51492)
You too, k. I'm going to go out on a limb and say I think you will really enjoy this album. Let me know

No need to go out on a limb mossy....you know me all too well.

The album arrived today and it's a fantastic CD. I think I will be listening to it often..............you should, however, feel sorry for my fellow commuters because the are going to be subjected to me howling along to "Pale Blue Dot".

dangerboy 06-25-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mossy (Post 51497)
sharc, I imagine this music was made for the sound system you have. Speaking of the incredible drums, part 4 of Mobius Slip at minute 14:38 where there is the small "whoosh" sound and the drums are showcased... until minute 15:30. Beautiful. I've been playing it all day.

Moss, so glad to hear from you. Take care.