Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion

Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion (http://auralmoon.com/forum/index.php)
-   Website (http://auralmoon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Album Art Project (http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4227)

OverHillandDale 01-12-2009 09:22 AM

Album Art Project

It's with a great sigh of relief that we can announce the Album Art Restoration Project has been completed.

Jim worked relentlessly to get this completed quickly. I was able to come on later and help him finish it.

Now, this is not to say all the art work was found, some art may be missing. Our library is quite extensive and contains some obscure and rare gems. That art may have been too elusive at the time of our searches.

I'd like to announce the institution of a new Aural Moon Contest called Where's Art? If you see any tracks or albums missing artwork, let us know. Eagle eye contestants will win an all expense paid round trip excursion to the Aural Moon on their local ISP anytime the reclaimed art is shown! They will also receive our undying gratitude and a hearty Thank You! Contestants that can also provide that artwork will receive a friendly pat on the back and "Atta Boy/Girl" or "You da Man/Woman."

The Shows produced from Aural Moon are excluded as Artwork is not usually included with the show playlist.

Thank you all for playing (in advance).

ErikM 01-12-2009 09:32 AM

Re: Album Art Project

I guess it wasn't a dirty job ... but I'm glad it's well done !

The art work is missing from Muros De Agua.

OverHillandDale 01-12-2009 10:11 AM

We have a winner.

Thanks Erik - I remember that was a really hard one. I have now found one for that group - I hope it's the right one.

Thank you for playing - See you on the moon.

VAXman 01-12-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverHillandDale (Post 39665)
It's with a great sigh of relief that we can announce the Album Art Restoration Project has been completed.

Jim worked relentlessly to get this completed quickly. I was able to come on later and help him finish it.

Now, this is not to say all the art work was found, some art may be missing. Our library is quite extensive and contains some obscure and rare gems. That art may have been too elusive at the time of our searches.

I'd like to announce the institution of a new Aural Moon Contest called Where's Art? If you see any tracks or albums missing artwork, let us know. Eagle eye contestants will win an all expense paid round trip excursion to the Aural Moon on their local ISP anytime the reclaimed art is shown! They will also receive our undying gratitude and a hearty Thank You! Contestants that can also provide that artwork will receive a friendly pat on the back and "Atta Boy/Girl" or "You da Man/Woman."

The Shows produced from Aural Moon are excluded as Artwork is not usually included with the show playlist.

Thank you all for playing (in advance).

Wow! There are some 4K albums. That's a pretty quick turnaround!

Yesspaz 01-12-2009 01:21 PM

I'm confused, but then I've always been!

RogorMortis 01-12-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Wow! There are some 4K albums. That's a pretty quick turnaround!
Only just 4000 clicks and a load of routing on the net - only take about 3 weeks....:D

I've now reached Y in my project of reripping and art finding of my collection - that's only taken the best part of the year.......

Thanks to OHD/Jim....

Kazuhiro 01-12-2009 06:48 PM

Aural moon always evolves. And, I always have the preparation that supports it.

ErikM 01-13-2009 08:08 AM

I'm afraid there's another album without artwork : ATOLL - Tertio

VAXman 01-13-2009 09:10 AM

For all who are interested in this project, here is a little information that you should know that can aid us in this project.

Obviously, if you see this, the artwork exists:

If you see this, artwork does not exist:

However, if you see this, the artwork may exist but it has not been uploaded to the web server:

When reporting missing artwork, if you would specify -- based on the aforementioned differences -- how the artwork is missing, we can expedite this album art restoration project.

Thanks.

OverHillandDale 01-13-2009 09:20 AM

Thanks Eagle Eye Erik,

Fortunately, we had the art, it just didn't get attached to each track, but that's remedied now.

Giloeada 01-13-2009 10:23 AM

These classics are missing:

Also:

OverHillandDale 01-13-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giloeada (Post 39706)
These classics are missing:Also:

Thank you - all fixed.

VAXman 01-14-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverHillandDale (Post 39711)
Thank you - all fixed.

Now the "artist home page" and "purchase/add this CD to your collection" link info needs to be updated. ;)

OverHillandDale 01-14-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAXman (Post 39717)
Now the "artist home page" and "purchase/add this CD to your collection" link info needs to be updated. ;)

It's been added to the list. :thumbsup:

Geeze, now I have both a Honey Do list and a Vaxie Do list. AAAAAHHHHHHHH! :notsure:

VAXman 01-14-2009 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverHillandDale (Post 39718)
It's been added to the list. :thumbsup:

Geeze, now I have both a Honey Do list and a Vaxie Do list. AAAAAHHHHHHHH! :notsure:

As long as you understand which list is to be given the higher priority, you'll do OK.

OverHillandDale 01-14-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAXman (Post 39719)
As long as you understand which list is to be given the higher priority, you'll do OK.

Sorry, guy, got to go with the Honey. :smoooch:

VAXman 01-14-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverHillandDale (Post 39720)
Sorry, guy, got to go with the Honey. :smoooch:

It wasn't obvious?

Ted 01-14-2009 12:25 PM

Akasha - Akasha - year is wrong - should be 1977 not 1971 - at least according to ProgArchives link below:

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=928

Regards from Texas,
Ted

P.S. It played at 12:25 pm Central time today

Giloeada 01-15-2009 09:37 AM

Marillion - Holidays in Eden - showing year 0. They are great, but not that great! :flutter: Should be 1991. (My least favorite Marillion album)

OverHillandDale 01-15-2009 09:47 AM

Thanks folks - that's the next project (years, track numbers, genres and other database info). No need to point them out as it would be easier to point what DOES have the right info.

We would like you just to watch for the ART at this point. In fact, I caught another this morning no one else did - Circa. [but that may have been psychological ;)]