Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion

Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion (http://auralmoon.com/forum/index.php)
-   Website (http://auralmoon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   AM logo for iTunes (http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4514)

VAXman 07-07-2009 08:29 AM

AM logo for iTunes
 
1 Attachment(s)
AM logo of iTunes cover art:

JamForte 07-07-2009 02:21 PM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
This is great!

I can attach it easily to a compilation of AM IDs and other bits & pieces...
... but how does one attach it to a stream definition in iTunes?

The option to add album art is greyed out on streams and I've not found a way to get it ungreyed (google wasn't much help either).

VAXman 07-07-2009 03:17 PM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamForte (Post 42602)
This is great!

I can attach it easily to a compilation of AM IDs and other bits & pieces...
... but how does one attach it to a stream definition in iTunes?

The option to add album art is greyed out on streams and I've not found a way to get it ungreyed (google wasn't much help either).

Open the stream the open the album artwork browser and drag the AM logo to it.

Michael 07-07-2009 05:34 PM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
Vax is there a way to get it to work in winamp?

VAXman 07-07-2009 06:47 PM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 42606)
Vax is there a way to get it to work in winamp?

Does winamp run on Mac OS X, linux, unix or VMS? ;)

roger 07-07-2009 07:35 PM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VAXman (Post 42604)
Open the stream the open the album artwork browser and drag the AM logo to it.

I get the same thing as Jam: Album Artwork Not Modifiable

VAXman 07-07-2009 07:52 PM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
3 Attachment(s)
Artist view:

Click to play. Drag imageinto place:

Result:

JamForte 07-08-2009 02:41 AM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
10.4.11 (PPC) iTunes 8.2 - no dice (the "album art" drop target is not presented, for streams, under any circumstances I have found).

10.5.7 (intel) iTunes 8.2. The behavior is this:
It seems that there's a facility to allow the album art to change dynamically to reflect the album playing on the stream. Thus, while the stream is playing [providing the art drawer is showing 'currently playing' and not 'selected item'] the drag target is presented. When the next ID comes along in the stream the art gets associated with it and appears in the view.

Under many circumstances the last dragged art is retained. This is probably a bug - since, I guess, the art should relate to the currently playing album and not the source.

Anyway a large variety of actions - often including changing the view type cause the art to be cleared back to empty. For example, stopping the stream and then changing from the radio playlist to another and back clears it every time I've tried.

There might be some subtle additional action or description that you've attached to the source that changes this behavior - but that's what I find with a stream added to iTunes with default options.

I suppose that if we embedded the station logo in the stream ID tags (if that's even possible, with SAM) it might work - but there's a risk that some players might barf on that....

VAXman 07-08-2009 03:20 PM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
According to Spacial Audio, makers of SAM Boradcaster, SAM does not support album art in the stream and, presently, only iTunes has the capability to display album art encoded in the stream. Backbone Radio, a competitor to SAM, has introduced streaming album art for iTunes in their Backbone Broadcaster product according to Spacial Audio and confirmed on the Backbone site. Backbone Broadcaster runs on OS X, so it would follow that they would adopt and support the protocol to stream the album art to iTunes.

gr8sho92 07-08-2009 10:29 PM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VAXman (Post 42589)
AM logo of iTunes cover art:
<snip>

Thanks for adding the album art tip. I've been wanting to do this for a long time.

gr8sho92 07-08-2009 10:34 PM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VAXman (Post 42618)
According to Spacial Audio, makers of SAM Boradcaster, SAM does not support album art in the stream ....

I had asked Jim in a past conversation if would be possible to upgrade the library to include the album art tag, and thus allow for a Pandora like display. It's possible that this is already in the newer adds but don't know.

My selfish desire would be to get an MP3 player that runs on my iPhone and display the album art in the main display similar to the iPod app.

Maybe in my lifetime...

VAXman 07-09-2009 05:08 AM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8sho92 (Post 42622)
I had asked Jim in a past conversation if would be possible to upgrade the library to include the album art tag, and thus allow for a Pandora like display. It's possible that this is already in the newer adds but don't know.

My selfish desire would be to get an MP3 player that runs on my iPhone and display the album art in the main display similar to the iPod app.

Maybe in my lifetime...

Are you saying that iTunes shows streaming radio artwork from Pandora? I've gone to the Pandora site but I'm not sure what to do once there. You need to sign-up but with the RIAA after Pandora's arse I'm no so sure I want my credentials in the hands of the RIAA just to test out album art.

gr8sho92 07-09-2009 08:53 AM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
If it's important, I can try and run Pandora on my computer.

What I'm stating is around an iPhone app. Besides Pandora, I believe Slacker and Flycast also deliver album art to the display.

Putting aside the fact it's an iPhone, I have to assume that the data stream must contain the album art tag since the format is MP3. In the end it will be up to the player app to be able to interpret the stream and deal with the data accordingly.

VAXman 07-09-2009 05:07 PM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8sho92 (Post 42625)
If it's important, I can try and run Pandora on my computer.

What I'm stating is around an iPhone app. Besides Pandora, I believe Slacker and Flycast also deliver album art to the display.

Putting aside the fact it's an iPhone, I have to assume that the data stream must contain the album art tag since the format is MP3. In the end it will be up to the player app to be able to interpret the stream and deal with the data accordingly.

Flycast has its own listener app. If you can make it work with just iTunes, let me know and I'll take a looksee. Slacker is pure web based.

gr8sho92 07-09-2009 07:38 PM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VAXman (Post 42631)
Flycast has its own listener app. If you can make it work with just iTunes, let me know and I'll take a looksee. Slacker is pure web based.

From Pandora's help page...

Q: Can I listen to Pandora on any third-party software, such as iTunes or Windows Media Player?

Currently, no. Pandora requires two-way communication for such essential features as skipping songs, giving "Thumbs" feedback, and so on. At this time, such support is not available in third-party software.

VAXman 07-10-2009 06:52 AM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8sho92 (Post 42632)
From Pandora's help page...

Q: Can I listen to Pandora on any third-party software, such as iTunes or Windows Media Player?

Currently, no. Pandora requires two-way communication for such essential features as skipping songs, giving "Thumbs" feedback, and so on. At this time, such support is not available in third-party software.

OK. I didn't spend a great deal of time on any of the sites you mentioned looking for a URL which I could open in iTunes. I did find that they were more "Flash" than a I care for.

Thor 07-12-2009 05:58 PM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
I have iTunes 8.2 on my MAC and artwork is not importable to streaming channels. The "Artwork" tab is greyed out and non-accessable

VAXman 07-12-2009 06:03 PM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
the example herein is iTunes 8.2(23) on a 17" MacBookPro 3GHz/4GB

Thor 07-12-2009 06:15 PM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
WOW... I figured out a way to get it to work... the stream has to be active and playing to edit the art for it...

progdirjim 07-12-2009 08:57 PM

Re: AM logo for iTunes
 
For the record, an overwhelming majority of the music on the Moon does NOT contain the album art inherent in the mp3tag. When I first became program director, it wasn't even supported. the V3.2 IIRC added it, but since SAM doesn't support it I never did so (and don't even know how to do it, though I'm sure I can figure it out). Having done a complete regen of the album art after our little incident in December, I have to admit to being less than enthused about going back and redoing the several thousand albums represented here...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.

Integrated by BBpixel Team 2020 :: jvbPlugin R1011.362.1
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.